II

12:05 am
----

we sat in silence for some time.

     for a while, the only sound between us was the sound of the boy's uneven breaths.  he seemed focused on the earth in front of him, as he never raised his gaze.  i let us sit there for a few more minutes, before i began to grow uncomfortable.

"can i help you?" i questioned, hoping i didn't come off as hostile to the stranger.  instead of answering, he turned my way and offered me a toothy smile, before returning back to his original position.  i furrowed my eyebrows.  i didn't understand why he chose to sit directly next to me, given the generous amount of benches in the park.  sighing, i tried again,

"can you pleas- oh!" i was cut off by the sound of  a sudden sob erupting from his mouth.  i widened my eyes- i had no idea as to what was going on. 

     "are you ok-" i was cut off again.

     "jack is a- a bitch!" he slurred, rubbing his hands over his eyes

     before i could even think of how to respond, the boy suddenly stood up- probably too fast given the way he stumbled.

     "he's a liar!" he shouted, gaining the attention of some of the people strolling around the park.  i needed to calm him down.

     "okay," i started, "listen, if you sit down you can talk about it and i will listen.  but i need you to calm down for me, can you do that?"  he thought about my offer for a few moments, before plopping back down on the bench.  once i was sure the boy had calmed down, i took the time to properly observe the brunette.  i admired his features, especially the way his eyelashes complimented his eyes.  he was a pretty boy.

     "mitch" he said out of the blue.  i looked at him confused, for what seemed the 10th time already.  he seemed to catch my confusion, because he went to speak again, "hi i'm mitch, what's your name?" he quizzed.  i found it almost impossible to keep up with his changes in mood.

     "i'm scott"

*AN- oof i promise chapters will be longer but please vote so i know whether or not to continue writing this !!