Chapter 5-Meet Me

I watched the four of them stand there. They stared at me, looked at each other, screamed and ran. They ran as a group away from me, but with a flick of my wrist, a wall of light shot up in front of them. They cried out in shock and spun around to see me floating towards them.

"Who are you?" Cried Ari, stepping back in fear.

"You don't know who I am," I said gently, "but I know who you are. My name is Lucia, and I am the spirit of Light."

"I'm..."

"Oh, I know who you are, Flidais. I told you, I know who you all are.

"Analaa, Goddess of Fire, obsessed with flame since you were tiny, always clinging to the warmth of the fire.

"Namaka, Goddess of Water, dreams of water bring you to the swimming pool once a month, at midnight on the dot.

"Arianrhod, Goddess of Air, absolutely fascinated with anything to do with air, went skydiving just this morning.

"Flidais, Goddess of Nature, animal lover, nature lover, plant lover.... Need I continue?

"Oh, and Flidais?"

"Yes?"

"You're not just Goddess of Nature. You're Goddess of Nature, Forests, Woodlands and Wild Things. That's why you connect with the creatures, and your dreams are filled with them."

"What are you, a stalker?!" Ari cowered behind Nam, who put a comforting arm around her. I just rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm not a stalker. I'm the re-incarnated spirit of Light. If you were to look up my name, you would find Lucia means 'Bringer of Light' and that is exactly what I am."

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Ana, who until now had remained silent, stepped forward.

"There's the feisty attitude I was expecting! Anyhow, you'd know I'm not lying if you looked around. You fell asleep, and went from fully dreaming into a waking dream. Can you explain this," I beckoned towards the huge, wide semi-sphere, "in reality?"

"Umm... Drugs?" Ari's eyes widened at that suggestion, and she started to quiver.

"Analaa, shut up! You're freaking her out!" Namaka held the small girl tighter.

"Oh, wow. Okay, let me tell you a story. You have heard two ideas on the creation of the world, one being that God created it, the other that the Big Bang created it, and the rest of the universe. Both of these are wrong. Before the Earth was created, there were six spirits. The four elements..."

"Us, right?"

"Yes. The four elements, light and darkness. I am the spirit of light, in human form. As you are the spirits of fire, water, air and earth."

"So who's darkness?"

"Ah. Well.... I shall tell you that, but first, let me finish the story. I think you may understand a little more if I do. So, as I was saying, the six spirits lived on Harmony for quite some time, until one day when light and dark fought. The four elements tried to stop them, but they were too weak. However, when they joined together and circled the other two, they stopped the fight, sacrificing their own power. None of us can remember exactly what happens after that, but what is known is that the four elements created this planet we live on, and the other two were thrown into the depths of Earth.

"However, eighteen years ago, darkness awoke, in human form. She took the name Nerezza, which means darkness, and began to wreak havoc on the world. Feeling the balance of light and darkness had been thrown out, I awoke, taking this body.

"We fought not long after, but she was too strong for me. With my last bit of strength, I summoned you, before I was thrown into a coma. I know what you're about to say, so don't say it. My body may be comatose, but my mind is alive and strong. No one knows where my body is, neither me nor Nerezza nor you. I need you to wake me up, and take Nerezza down. Not necessarily in that order, but both must be done. However, I don't know how you can wake me up." Faces fell.

"You said you knew about us. But there's something you don't know." Nam stepped towards me. "Something you don't know... Is the pain we went through because of what you made us. Teased, tormented, bullied... We had to live through that, every day. For me, it was my hair, my eyes, my name, water, everything I cherished, they found a way to make fun of. I can't be alone in this."

"They teased me because of my white hair..."

"They called me the 'Flame Retardant Retard'"

"They didn't call me anything..."

"What?" The girls stepped towards Fly. "Nothing?"

"Nothing. But I think it's because I'd suffered enough, not because they were all kind hearted."

"Suffered enough?"

"I'm an orphan...."

"Oh, I'm so sorry..." Nam stepped forward apologetically, the girls then all hugged Fly.

"About that," I said. The girls turned. "There's something I need to tell you."