Chapter Four- The Party

"CHECKMATE"! Corey yelled.

Corey and I were on the beach, playing chess. We had been playing for a few hours, after eating our lunch. Everyone else was busy setting up for the surprise party, and I wanted to spend a lot of time with Corey today.

"Darn it! Corey, you're so good at chess".

"Compared to Bengy? Nah".

"Corey! You still are great". I moved one of my pieces, but unfortunately, Corey was able to win.

"It's beginning to get really dark", Corey said. "Want to just talk? Chess is becoming boring".

"Yeah", I said as we cleaned up our game. When we were finished, we collapsed into the sand.

"The sunset is beautiful", I said.

"Like you".

"Nah, you're more beautiful. Or should I say handsome"?

"Who cares? As long as I have you I'm content. You are a handsome lady, Luna", Corey joked, while giving me a hug.

Laughing, I replied, "Oh Corey, you are so gorgeous. I'm not lying, if you know what I mean".

"Hahah".

"We better start heading back, everyone else is probably about to wake up".

I assumed that they had finished setting up the surprise party, so I decided to walk back with Corey. When we arrived at the Doghouse, there was a trail of green confetti, leading to the Clubhouse. It must have been set up by Benton, to let Corey know where to go. We walked there, and when Corey saw the party, he was ecstatic.

"Oh my goodness! This is for me"?

"Yep! We've been working on it all day", I replied.

"You guys are the best. I'm so thankful to have friends like you". Then, we all gave Corey a hug, and began to serve Corey's cake, which was maple and vanilla flavored, and covered in green fondant. Once we began to open presents, Corey grabbed mine off of the table, and opened it.

"Luna, oh my gosh. This is the glass from the lab"! Corey said, excitedly. "Luna, you're the best"!

"You are too, Corey", I said as I gave him a hug. Once we were done with opening the presents, we turned on the music, and began to dance. Once the party was over, we all went to bed, safe and sound. I couldn't wait until next year, where we'd do something extra-special to make up for the Hit The Target attack! Happy birthday, Corey.