.15

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

I woke up, Saige mumbling something against my neck. 

"No," she said softly, breathing heavily against me. "Please, don't."

I reached back, examine her face. She was having a nightmare.

"Saige." I said quietly, stroking her face softly.

"Don't." She begged softly, her bottom lip trembling.

"Saige, wake up." I said, shaking her shoulders.

She opened her eyes, which were filled with tears, her brown eyes meeting mine. She sobbed as she pressed her face against my chest.

My hand went to the back of her head as the other rubbed her back softly. "It's alright, Saige."

"It-it was Asher," she said softly. "They-they killed him."

"No, he's right downstairs." I assured her as she shivered against me.

I held her against me, a frown settling on my lips at the sight of her broken. She was justas broken as I was.

She sat up, rubbing her hands against her face before pulling the covers from her body. "I'll take the next watch."

"I'll go with you."

"No, you finish sleeping," she said, pulling my jumper over head. "I'm sorry I woke you."

I frowned as she left the room. I was hoping she would stay with my all night. I turned over, closing my eyes and begging sleep to come.

Saige's POV

I went downstairs, finding Asher against the couch, looking up at me. "Already? That was hardly three hours."

"Yeah, had a nightmare," I said to him. "Go ahead up there."

"What's wrong?" He asked, putting an arm around my shoulders as I sat next to him. 

"It was about you," I confessed. "The Z's got you, there was nothing I could do."

"You know that's not going to happen."

"I know," I smiled softly at him. "I just don't want to lose you, the longer this goes on, the more scared I get of losing you."

"As long as I can help it, I'm not going anywhere," he smiled as I looked down at my fingers. "What else?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "There is nothing else."

"Even I know how bad of a liar you are."

I chuckled before looking up and meeting his eyes. "Harry and I kissed."

His eyebrows rose in shock as he leaned closer. "What? Tell me everything."

"Well, it was cold, you know, so we were cuddling and I made a stupid joke," I smiled softly as I fumbled with my fingers. "And he kissed me right then. And I kissed back."

"Wow, talk about an OTP moment."

I rolled my eyes, shoving him softly. "We were going to..you know, but he just said he wanted to hold me tonight."

"Holy shit, he's the perfect guy," Asher grinned as I laughed. "He turned down the opportunity to have sex just to cuddle with you, he's perfect."

I smiled as Asher handed me his gun. "Mine is upstairs on the bedside table."

He pressed a kiss to my forehead before heading upstairs.

About an hour later, I was scribbling some random words on a piece of paper when someone came down the stairs. I turned around just in time to catch his green eyes.

"Hi." I said quietly, leaning against the couch. 

"Hey." He said, his voice rough with sleep.

"I thought you'd get to sleep a few hours longer."

"Not with Asher thrashing around the bed," he smiled, sitting next to me. "And you down here all by yourself."

I smiled as he put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I was happy that the kiss hadn't make anything weird. That he still felt the same way I did.

He leaned down and kissed me softly, shocking me. I kissed back, my fingers going around his neck and into his hair again. God, he had the most perfect hair. And lips.

We continued to kiss each other for a while, our wet, warm lips moving against each others as our hands went underneath different articles of clothing.

Harry pulled back as my lips went to his neck, sucking softly at the skin. 

"Wait, Saige."

I ignored him as I bit down softly, sucking at the nape of his neck. "Saige."

"What?" I asked against his neck.

"I heard something."

Our intimate moment ceased immediately as the sound of cracking wood filled my ears. I jumped to me feet as Harry put out the fire. I held the gun tightly between my fingers as Harry gathered our things.

We went upstairs as the front door was kicked opened, quickly hiding from view.

We went into the bedroom where Asher was sleeping, locking the door behind us. I woke Asher up quietly, handing him the other handgun.

He sat on the ground, the gun aiming at the door. I heard their footsteps echo through the house as they searched it.

"Are you sure they came here?" I heard one of the people whisper.

"I'm sure, the girl and the two boys." 

Harry's back pressed against me as he tried to push me away from the door. He wasn't going to keep me from protecting Asher, even if it killed me.

Suddenly, the door opened and gunshots filled the room.