11: Having Doubts

[ Nicole ]

I might have fainted back there, if it weren't just for Mom's hug.

"Oh Nicole dear, I missed you. Where have you been?" She said with tears in her eyes.

I don't know how to react. I've been finding them for weeks, a month already and they're here, being the mayor of this society?

"Nicole? Hun?" Mom said and I was brought back to reality.

"Where's Rianne? And Bella?" I asked. I miss my sisters so much, no matter how bitchy they can be, we get along most of the times.

"They're here. In our house. Come meet them." Dad said, looking fine as ever. It looks like they haven't been through hell not like us.

I walked behind them, following them inside the biggest house in this society.

"Nicole!" Rianne called as she notice me from the living room.

She ran for a hug, and I hugged her back. Bella came second and for a minute there, I felt the sincerity in her embrace.

"Where have you been? Are you okay?" Bella asked.

"I was looking for you guys. I'm fine. I made friends by the way." I said and then their faces changed.

"You made friends dear?" Mom asked from behind, looking so interested in the matter.

"Yeah, I was staying at a carnival and they managed to find it. We all got along."

Rianne pulled me to the sofa and sat in front of me.

"What are they like? Are they tall? Skinny? Handsome?" Her eyes sparkled as she asked.

Woah, she wasn't this interested in making friends before.

"Actually yes, they're a bit taller than me. They're not skinny, they're....healthy. And yes, there are boys." I said.

Oh wait, I left them in the kitchen awhile ago. I should go back.

"Listen I have to go, I left them in the house were staying. I should tell them about you guys." I said and then stood.

"That's great hun. Tell them we are delighted to meet them." Mom said and then flashed her wide smile.

I immediately ran to our house and locked the door behind me.

"Hey Nicole, what's the rush?" Ash said from the counter.

"I met my parents. They're like..the founders of this society." I said, panting. I sat beside Mal who is constantly eating her bread.

"What? Really?" Mal, who was eating her bread, almost choked.

"They're here?" Aly asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, and they want to meet you guys."

"Why were you panicking awhile ago?" Noah then asked.

I sighed. "They seemed weird. I don't know how to feel when I saw them."

"Maybe because you haven't seen them for awhile. Let's go." Aly said and then patted my shoulder.

"Wait, you guys said we would leave after breakfast." Noah perked.

"Noah, not now. Nicole found her family." Aly hissed at Noah. Well, it's fine actually. They can leave me here.

"Wait." I said and then ran up stairs.

I grabbed my bow and arrows, not prepared of what will happen, but I have a feeling something will happen.