How Do you Feel?

I left my house almost an hour ago. I wanted to go for a drive and clear my thoughts. My mind had been running at a million miles an hour and I just wanted to think of something else. My only way of distracting myself? Getting into my 2013 Honda Accord and playing some music, driving through the streets of Huston. 

As I turned down Cotton street, I hummed along to "Over and Over Again" by The Used. My music stopped as my phone started ringing. The screen read "TRASHVIS" and I smiled, turning into a gas station and getting out of my car, answering my phone. 

"Hey," I said as I took off the filler cap for the gas. 

"Hey Awsten," He said, sounding a little bummed. 

"You okay?" I asked as I placed my phone between my shoulder and ear and swiped my card to pay for the gas. 

"I, um. Can you pick me up?" He questioned. 

"Yeah of course, where?" I asked, putting the cap back on and getting in my car.

I started it up as Travis told me where to go. I put my music back on and drove down 36th and Thomas to the ice cream shop where he was waiting. It was this little hole in the wall place called "The Cube." Travis and I used to come here all the time with our friends.

I pulled up soon, getting out and meeting him inside. He had a half eaten cup of cookies and cream ice cream in front of him and a frown on his face. I pulled up a seat in front of him, making him look up from the table. He gave me a small smile as he ate some of the ice cream. 

"Hi," He speaks sadly. 

"Hey. What happened? You look like a wreck," I said, laughing lightly. He smiled. 

"Evan broke up with me," Travis said after a while of silence. I saw his hand grip the spoon, almost like the plastic was the last thing holding him together right now. 

"Do you know why?" I asked. 

"He got over me." He spoke frustratedly. 

"Was it like Angia?" 

Angia was Travis' ex. They dated all through out Freshman year and broke up a couple of months into Sophomore. He loved her so much; always doing the sweetest things for her and tried his best to make her happy. Apparently his love was too much for her, because I remember Travis calling me and asking me to come over. He was depressed for a week, but he got his paycheck one day and realized he didn't have to spend it on a date or anything that had to do with her, so he went out and bought a Nintendo Switch. 

He beat every level of Mario Kart 8 in a day over five times.

It was sad, yet amazing. 

"No. Apparently he had been talking to someone else," Travis huffed. He pushed his ice cream towards me and I smiled sadly, taking a bite. 

He and I sat in silence for a while, both of us eating what was left of the dessert. When we were done, I got up and threw it away, taking his arm and standing him up. 

"Let's go somewhere," I said, thanking the one employee working for their service and walking us to my car. 

Him and I got in, Travis smiling slightly. 

"You still have Pocket?" He asks, a laugh coming from him. 

"Of course," I smiled, remembering when we first got Pocket. Pocket is a skeleton we had gotten from the dollar store back in October. He hangs out on the mirror along with my Jesus necklace that our friend Geoff got me for my birthday.

I let Travis pick a song from my playlist. He played "Do Re Mi" by Blackbear and I smiled. I hummed along as I drove down the road, Travis looking out the window at the night sky.