Passion and I

For a few years, I was thought to be a prodigy, a genius by genetics. And I was and still am though rebellious and clueless... and for that I thank my late father. Unlike my late mother, I met him and remember him faintly in visions I take as loving sentiments. He was a thoeretical physisyst but called a physisyt by the rest of my family.

     You can read verboise biographies dedicated to him and his theory on time travel... "Distortion theory" a controversial theory centering the possibility of warping space and time into one chemical compound. Such was devised after he analyzed the radioactive tendencies of francium. He theorized that though francium is unstable and deadly its our only gateway to warp dark matter which he discovered to contain fragments of the universe's memories. All we had to do was concentrate both and using that we could warp space and time to come up with miniature paradoxes he thought to be contained in black holes. In other words, he wondered if blck holes contained alternate paths in mutiverse history... and I am meant to follow in his footsteps.

     Some find it absurd but until now and sometimes I do too but even though he may be atypical at times, he was and is still my hero. He was passionate for mom as he was with science and as with me. I want to pursue his theory but I fear that I wont ever amount to anything... beause of this, I feel the need to fail science and math but pass anyway without trying. Maybe deep down, I know that I am meant for this.

     "I prepared breakfast."

     "Thanks aunt Lizz." I say with a smile.

     "Dear, I will be home very late today. The editor needs me to compile the new chapters for my new book and I havent finished the five last chapters but ive already got ten new story ideas! And dont worry, as always youre getting a free copy and im leaving money if you want to order pizza." I really like her books, though sometimes she stutters around people especially the ones she just met, she sounds warm and caring on one on one conversations and especially on paper, not really... creepy and mysterious most of the time. She writes detective stories afterall.

     "Good luck auntie."

     "Ok, bye!" She says as she steps out of the house only to come back and yell "The keys are on the table, dont forget to lock the door."

     "I wont."

     Who knows, maybe my dad's exploring parallel universes in another universe. I wish he is... I miss his serious and calming attitude greeting me with facts as a kid and later laughing because I fell, later educating me about mitosis and human behavior all at once. Though he was eccentric, he was the only father for me. And he still his. Sometimes I wish he'd appear randomly but in the end... Im the one who finds him... he is not entitled to follow me as he paved the way for me.

9:48 a.m

     I am 2 minutes earlier than Jeff, what did you expect from a 8 am call time anyway?

     "FELI, WHAT TIME IS IT????"

     "Jefferey, what on earth, dont tell me you put the alarm clock 50 minutes late for you to forget only to remember and panic... as always." He never learns.

     "Yup, anyway, time is relative. To the library!"

     As much as I didnt want to remember had have tried so hard to forget... it was that time of the year again. No wonder I felt the need to remember them, Isaac and Elizabeth Homes, what would you do if you were still alive?

     The library was filled with eager Homes fans. This is the library my father usually read from, yearly on his birthday Isaacists would visit it to remember him. I usually remember to avoid the fangirling and fanboying but apparently, not this year.

     "Jeff... lets go somewhere else."

     "Its not like you to cancel plans like that Feli, what's wrong?"

     "Why am I not surprised...Look around..."

     "FELI, IT-"

      "On second thought, lets go."

     "Its youre father's birthday?! No wonder you usualy ignore my invites during this time of the year! I thought you were allergic to leaves or something!"

     "I'm going home..."

     "No, were going to respect your father, I never actually met the guy but Feli, I am amazed by you, you taught me how to think with my head, not my hand. You know so much and you inspire me to be myself though others may hate me, I respect your parents because of this. I remember teasing you for being lonely but once you refuted me with the idea of nihilism, I knew you were different. Please, pretty please, please, please, please, ple-"

     "Please what?"

     "I want to know your parents."

     "Fine, just dont make it obvious im his daughter, pretend im just his fan, okay?"

     "Fine, but just you know others would kill to have him as a father."

     "... Fine then..."