Chapter Nine - Awkward

CHAPTER NINE:

Before I went home, I saw Barbara on the hallways and asked her how she is today because she didn't showed up to our break time.

"I was," she trailed. "Not hungry, yes, I wasn't hungry." She sighed then smiled.

Well a fake one.

"Um, why did you tell me those things about Niall?" I asked. I was really pissed about this that she lied to me. She's my best friend besides Cara. I don't understand why she is lying.

"What are you talking about?" she looked away then chuckled bitterly. "Okay, I'm gonna go now because mom and I are going to shopping. See you tomorrow,"

She didn't even wait for me to talk and she just walked away. Actually she's like running but not too fast. I breathed out a frustrated sigh.

I went home then when I sat on my bed, I texted Niall to come to my apartment and I told him to bring the art materials then all I need to say about the project.

He came ten minutes after and I thought that was fast because his house is far but I just shook the thought off my mind.

I told him that we'll do it on the terrace so it won't leave mess and he nodded. I placed newspapers on the floor then I told him to hand me the paper bag which contains our project.

I sat down and started painting.

"Aren't you gonna help me here?" I asked.

He's still standing and he sat down when I told him to.

"I," he started. "Yeah," I feel like he's nervous about something. Why is he even nervous about?

"Yeah, open the cans then I'll get a drink. You can continue painting if you want,"

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it immediately and just nodded to my words.

Honestly I just want to breathe because I feel awkward. We didn't talk and now we need to do this project and it's just weird.

I made orange juice then held the two glasses with each hand. When I went back, I saw him looking at the sky. It's still five in the afternoon so it's a bit dark.

"Your drink," I just said as I hand him the glass.

"Thanks, Isabelle."

I sighed. "So why you didn't continue painting it?" I asked looking at the canvas in front of us then sip my drink.

He shrugged. "I feel like I'll ruin it. I ruin everything." then he looked at me in the eyes. "I ruin all beautiful things, the most beautiful moments," he mumbled.