Chapter 1

I was at the gym flexing on some kids, when I see someone with colossal muscles. I must bring them down. This is my gym. I am the alpha of the gym. No one else here can compete with me. I must show this new comer who's boss. As I stroll over to I see them bench pressing 350 pounds. I voice "Only 350? I expected more from a big man like you."

He wore white earbuds, probably listening to Toby Keith, like the uncultured swine he is. "Are you ignoring me, you pig?" I ask him as my face gets redder and redder by the second. No one has ever disrespected me like this before on my own turf. He looks up at me and pulls his earbuds from his sweaty face, saying "Oh sorry, didn't notice you there. Would you like to use this now?" How could he treat me like a fly! At this point my face is probably as red as a baboon's butt. How embarrassing! "No I, Johnny McStrong, would like to challenge you to a contest!" I could barely stumble the sentence out of my mouth.

"Oh, ok. I, Malcolm Z, accept your duel." he reports calmly.

"We shall see who can press the most weight. A very manly challenge." He starts pressing 400 pounds. I knew he was lying to me about how strong he was. Does he think that he can generate such a fool out of me? I start laughing and laughing, as he looks up confused. I start bench pressing 550 pounds easily. We both keep on pushing on and on until he finally backs down at 800 pounds. "Ha. Easy." I remark. He still seems cool and not offended at all. Whenever someone is acting cool around me I always get irritated. I crave for people to be mad. He hands me a card as I'm looking around for everyone to see that I have won. "Your very strong. I'm cofounder of a private competition for strong people. Would you like to join?" Malcolm Z proclaims as he straightens his bowtie.

"Will there be people as easy as you there?" I mention with a smirk on my face.

"Ha. There will be people twice as strong as you there." He says, with a smirk counteracting my smirk. "I'll think about it." I parade out of the gym with the card in my hands, walking right through traffic to my house down the road. All I can think of now is this competition. I rip off my door handle on accident and kick down my door. Everything except concrete feels like feathers to me. I usually get carried away and destroy everything when I get angry. There is always a burning flame, striving to get bigger and stronger. I walk into my pigpen of a room, sit down and search up the competition on my computer. My chair is almost broken as I'm at least two times bigger than it. This competition is the real deal. The winner of the competition would win 10 grand, second would win 5 grand and 3rd would go home with 1 grand. I could use that 10 grand for a new personal training set for after hours of the gym to train. The top two will also get a spot on the state tournament. The competition starts on March 15, just a perfect time, the Ides of March. Just like Ceaser, my opponents will be humiliated on that day.

I have trained for double the hours this week getting ready for the tournament. I heard a few other people talking about it, and a few flyers in the gutters. I have adjusted my diet just for this, with vegetables and fruits. I usually eat only top ramen and chips. A mighty salty diet but I like it.

The day has finally come. As I walk to the competition gym, I identify other strong men walking to it, in all directions. This truly is a sight to see. Even a warlord would be scared to fight all of us. I recognize some familiar faces as I'm walking in, all of them I have beat. My motionless face turns into a grin as big as Cheshire Cat's. The tests are races, weightlifting and finally wrestling. The first few rounds are thinning out the weak, only keeping the strong. We started with 100, and we now only have 25. There is one person that has caught my eye. He is a scrawny man, with baggy clothes that you would buy at the dollar store. He seems to be very strong, but I can't see an inch of muscle on him. He has scrawny hair which seems to fit him very well. I am still going strong and before I notice it there are only 10 participants left. This is my time to shine. 10 minutes later there are only 4 left. I am one of them. Surprisingly I see the scrawny man still up here. I don't know how he could get this far without having huge muscles like the rest of us. There is another man with a darker skin tone then us, and has a black afro. He is wearing a sweaty tank top saying Colgate in white with red around it. What weird sense of fashion. He has to be at least 6 feet tall. The last man has shiny white skin wearing a white shirt, dark puddles of sweat under his armpits. He has long golden hair with a mullet and a moustache. Typical 80s partygoer. This should be easy. It is me versus goldy, and scrawny vs tank top. We are about head to head in racing, but at the end of the track I suddenly pull ahead. He seems mad, just want I want. Next is lifting. We start at 500 this time. We get to 900 until he starts to wheeze. I know I already beat him. Finally he stops at 1100, right when I start to wheeze. So far it's 2:0, but wrestling is worth 2 points. I musn't let this slip from my grasp. I personally don't like wrestling that much, but it has to be done. I get him in a headlock until he gives up. Unlike the WWE, this isn't fake. I win, 4:0, an easy victory. Our match was relatively short, so I go to watch the other match. It is 2:0, in scrawny's lead. How? This man looks like a normal person, not a strong man like us. How could he be winning? Swiftly he wins the wrestling. His speed is like a bat out of hell. We meet each other at the starting line, as I ask him his name. "Caesar. Jim Caesar."

"Ah. What a coincidence." His face turns into confusion and he has a questionable look.

As we walk to the starting line, I can't stop peeking looks at him. It just amazes me so much that he was able to get this far.

"3...2...1 go!" and just like the it had begun. He shoots across the track, gaining a clear advantage, but he doesn't stop there. He finishes the race before I can even say Omnapnopia. So this is the big league, huh.We walk over to the weights and I know I will win this one. He starts off at 1000 pounds, where most contestants couldn't even go. We keep on going and going and I start sweating. His face seems calm and collective. I'm about to break from humiliation. How could I let this man beat me? Finally I stop at 2000 pounds. A new record that I have set for myself. I must win wrestling, or I will lose it all. I do not want to go home as a loser. I will go home as a winner. We walk into the ring and I start smiling. He must be only 150 pounds. It doesn't matter his speed if I can just pin him down I will win. The match starts and I instantly jump at him. Now I am pinned on the ground. I can see my mother, looking at me in disgust. My father would have been so proud for me to get this far. I can hear him say to me, "It's ok son. Everyone loses." I would like to win this to show my mother that I can do something, but I can not. Just like that I have lost. How could I have lost 4-0 to a man of such size? "Good job." He says to me, in that ice cold voice.

"Who are you?" I ask in fear.

"Just a traveler." He replies, walking out.

I get my reward money, then run out as soon as I can. I sprint home and collapse on my bed. How could I lose to such a person? I reflect towards this defeat for at least an hour, then go to sleep. I wake up from a haze, thinking one thing. I must get better. I must become the best, to show my mother that I can really do it. I get up, eat some Toasty Puffs! And get to work. It is 2:00 PM and I haven't stopped. I walk over to the grocery store and start eating a apple, right off the display case. "Um, excuse me sir you have to pay for that." says a voice behind me, in a caring but concerned tone. I turn around look them dead in the eyes. Then I come back to the real world and reply with "Oh sorry about that I'll pay right now."

"Aren't you the person that won second?" my face starts to turn red and I stoutly reply with "Yes."

"You did a great job against Jim. He really is tough."

"You know him?"

"He's my brother actually! He's been training his whole life for that victory."

"Where does he train? I have never seen him in this town before."

"Oh, we're from Austriaczan. We move along from town to town for the competitions."

"The whole family? Isn't that a bit excessive?"

"Our family is world renown for wrestling, and all of us help Jim get to the place he is. I'm his cook, and since we will be staying in this town for a while I got this job. It has been nice talking to you, but I must go now."

"Wait, one last thing. Where is he staying? I would like to talk to him again."

"111 Boulevard Street. Just knock before coming in." she says as she walks over to a different customer.

I go back to the gym and train so more. No point in walking in today when I'm sweaty and dirty. I figure I will go and talk to him tomorrow. As I walk in to my house I see cockroaches dash under my furniture and my leftovers on the floor. "Damn, I must have left that out when I left again." Cockroaches are a big problem in my house, but I don't mind them that much. As long as they don't make a mess or get into my food, I don't care. I get out some chips and salsa and have a sad dinner with myself and go to sleep thinking about this Jim person.

I wake up at 7:30 and get ready to talk to this man. I want to ask him about his practices and how his body is like that. I eat a quick breakfast and walk over to the location she gave me. I am wearing a leather jacket and pants. I barely ever wear pants, only for special occasions like this. I'm walking to the house and see that it's on the rich side of town. This Caesar family must be the real deal. I walk up to the house and look up. It is a giant 4 story building with a front yard made into a garden. It seems to be an old house, but renovated very nicely. I walk up to the majestic front door and knock with the steel knocker. The door must be a half foot thick as I can barely hear a thud. A woman opens the door saying "We have been waiting for you!"