Part 13

"Felix, I don't have any logical explanation for her blindness. My only conclusion at this moment is that you caused it. Think about it, first you touch her and suddenly you're visible, then the effects of her touch last longer ever time you guys touch. Then her eyesight starts to falter gradually. I must have accelerated when you spelt together, all that constant proximity made it worst. Look at you now you haven't faded at all and it's been a week since she became blind. My guess is you're going to stay like that. Your visibility took away her eyesight!" Patrick was proud of his conclusion which he didn't hide too well either. It was hard for him to keep his cool when he was witness impossible things such like these. That made Lotus smile, she could picture his giddy face while he was pacing back and forth all over the place.

"God damn it Patrick! Stop pacing like a caged animal!" Felix's voice scared her. He's attitude changed drastically since last week. He stayed away from her as much as he could. He yelled constantly, didn't sleep, barely talked to her and was afraid to touch her. Deep down, they both came to the same conclusion as Patrick, but neither of them wanted to admit it. Lotus felt better however; the arm was already done. She couldn't blame him for this, he had no idea he would be the one who would make her blind.

"Don't yell at him Felix."

"It's okay lotus" Patrick said. "I've known him for ever. I know how he gets when his distraught." She felt him sit next to her on the sofa.

"I don't understand how the both of you can be so calm. Do you really think I can live with myself knowing that I am the cause of suffering of the woman I love?!"

A large smile spread across Lotus' face. "Really? You love me?"

Silence fell into the room, at that moment she wished she could see his expression.

Patrick scratched his throat next to her. "If you're wondering what his face is like right now, consider yourself lucky you can't see anything."

She burst out of laughter.

"Go to hell Patrick!"

She heard him leave the room, climb up the stairs and slam the door to the bedroom.

Sighing, she turned to Patrick's direction. "Could you direct me to the stairs please?"

He helped up before leading her to the stairway.

"Thanks, I can take it from here." Slowly, she made her way up to the mezzanine until she reached the bedroom door and carefully opened it.

"Can I come in?" she asked softly.

He didn't reply.

"Felix, if you're nodding right now, please remember I wouldn't be able to tell it if you are"

He let out a sigh of frustration. "This isn't a joke Lotus."

Hesitant, she awkwardly moved towards the sound of his voice. "Can you at least help me get to you?" she was annoyed because he wouldn't let her come near him."

With a defeated look on his face, Felix took her hand and guided her to the bed. She tightened her grip when he was about to pull his hand. "Please stay with me. I miss you. I know I can be strong when you're by my side and if you keep acting like this, like I'm burning you whenever I lay my hands on you, I won't last long, and I will suffer more from a broken heart than I would from broken eyes. Please, stay."

"Lotus..." He's voice broke before he knelt in front of her resting his head on her lap. He was crying.

A good fifteen minutes had passed with them in the same position. She waited for him to say something while she played with his hair.

"I won't let you live like this. Not at my expense."

"Felix, it's not your fault, you did not do this to me. I will not let you carry this burden."

"I promise you, I will find her."

She didn't reply. Instead, she closed her eyes hoping he wouldn't lose himself trying to save her.

"By the way," she whispered after a while, "I love you too."