Chapter 11: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor

"Don't listen to a word I say
The screams all sound the same
And though the truth my vary, this
Ship will carry our bodies safe to shore" - Julia Sheer, 'Little Talks'

_______________________________________________

Monday.

If Monday was a person, it would be Umbridge. For sure. Or Filch..maybe he'd be Tuesday.

Anyway, it's Monday today. 2 days before the first meeting. 2 long days.

Tommorow is the worst, as I've mentioned. I've got Double D.A.D.A, Potions and History of Magic, all in one day.

But today was okay, at least it was at the beginning. I woke up from a pretty good dream and packed my bag with a bag of Oreos, my Transfiguration book, homework and my reading book, 'The Hunger Games'.

I had a quick shower and got dressed in my usual shirt and tie, but instead of a skirt I put on some black skinny jeans for a change. I did my hair in a high pony tail, then put on some mascara and lip gloss. I then put on my black flats and I was out door.

I had toast for breakfast and then headed off to my first lesson of the day, Charms.

Later, I met up with Hermione, who told me that Percy had written to Harry. Quite a while ago, actually. She just hadn't had a chance to tell me. Also, Dobby told Harry about a room for the meetings.

We passed the notice board and our chatter stopped. Umbridge has these degrees from the Minster, saying what we can and can't do. The most recent thing in there was a newspaper clipping. I picked it up and read it through;

[A/N- This is copied exactly from the book, so skip if you want. All rights to Jk Rowling!]

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM
DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST EVER HIGH INQUISITOR

In a surprise move last night the Ministry of Magic passed new legislation giving itself an unprecedented level of control at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

"The Minister has been growing uneasy about goings-on at Hogwarts for some time," said Junior Assistant to the Minister, Percy Weasley. "He is now responding to concerns voiced by anxious parents, who feel the school may be moving in a direction they do not approve of."

This is not the first time in recent weeks that the Minister, Cornelius Fudge, has used new laws to effect improvements at the wizarding school. As recently as 30th August, Educational Decree Number Twenty-two was passed, to ensure that, in the event of the current Headmaster being unable to provide a candidate for a teaching post, the Ministry should select an appropriate person.

"That's how Dolores Umbridge came to be appointed to the teaching staff at Hogwarts,"said Weasley last night. "Dumbledore couldn't find anyone so the Minister put in Umbridge, and of course, she's been an immediate success, totally revolutionizing the teaching of Defense Against the Dark Arts and providing the Minister with on-the-ground feedback about what's really happening at Hogwarts.

It is this last function that the Ministry has now formalized with the passing of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, which creates the new position of Hogwarts High Inquisitor.