Unexpected Fate

Narrrator's POV

You looked outside the window, sighing. "I wonder what Kira looks like..." you thought. Well, you see, you had a crush on Kira ever since you knew about him. He has the power, the power to erase all those who needed to be erased, and you adored it, somehow. You make sure you watch the daily news on your television to check out the latest deaths by Kira. It has been a habit to you, more like an addiction.

One day, you decided to get outside for some fresh air. "Where are you going, (y/n)?" your mom asked. "I'm just gonna take a walk, no worries." you replied, stepping to the outside world.

You strolled around the streets, observing your surroundings. All of a sudden, you bumped to a young male adult carrying a black sling-bag who was probably chasing someone. "Hey! Watch it!" you shot. The man ignored you and continued sprinting. You noticed that he dropped a notebook on the way, so you picked it up. "Hey! You dropped a notebook!" you waved it in the air. Unfortunately, he was out of sight. You looked at the cover of this weird notebook. "Death...Note..." you read, eyes widening in shock.

What is this thing? Is this some kind of a joke or what?

You dared to take a peek. There was a bunch of rules written on it, serious-looking ones. "The human whose name is written in this note shall die...?" You gave a confused look. You felt that you had to try if this was real or not, so you went back home, straight to your room and locked the doors.

You took a deep breath and wrote "Otani Kanou", a local criminal, down legibly. You counted for 40 seconds and...

"News Flash: The 32 year old male, Otani Kanou, had a serious heart attack just now. The police are..." Your (e/c) orbs grew big as you heard this. "This Death Note...it's real!" A mischievous grin spread across your face. With this, you could control peoples' lives, bring them death when you think you wanted them to die. But most of all, you wanted, no not wanted, needed to impress Kira. The person who dropped this notebook was him. Frantically, you searched for this killer.