Prompt 90 with Archie Andrews

Request: Prompt 90 "catch me if you can" with Archie

Tonight was date night. Your boyfriend Archie wanted to go out tonight, but you wanted to stay in. He was always the more outgoing one in the relationship. You would often take turns in choosing to go out or staying in but today Archie chose without you.

You pondered your options then quickly figured out a way to get Archie to stay in with you.

While he was upstairs getting ready, you took the opportunity to hide his car keys. You grab them off the kitchen counter but before you had a chance to hide them, Archie had already made his way downstairs.

You quickly sunk the keys into your back pocket and asked, "Ready to go?"

Archie walked up to you and kissed your forehead. "Yeah, let me just grab my keys."

You made your way to the front door, pretending to wait for him.

"That's strange. Hey babe?"

You cleared your throat before answering. "Yeah?" you ask innocently.

"Have you seen my keys?" he sounded confused.

"No, why?" you fight to suppress a smile.

"I can't seem to find them. I swear I left them here." You hear him scrambling about in the kitchen looking for his keys.

"Uh.. have you tried retracing your steps?" you shout from the front door.

"Yes but I clearly remember placing them on the counter." He was starting to get frustrated so you walked back over to him.

"Well, that's a bummer." Archie looked over at you and squinted his eyes at you in suspicion.

"Y/n... did you take my keys?"

You continued with your innocent act. "Now why would I go and do that?" you ask.

For every slow step he made towards you, you took a step back."Y/n, you didn't answer my question." He quirked his eyebrows up waiting for your response.

You figured the jig was up, "Catch me if you can." you say and you were off faster than Archie could prosess what you just said.

You took off towards the front door and managed to open it before he caught up to you. Then you ran out and hid by his truck. You crouched by one of the huge tires to make it hid you from view.

Archie looked around to survey where you could be hiding. You held your breath in hopes that he wouldn't find you.

You heard the crunch of gravel closing in on you and you squealed when he almost caught you. Fortunately you were able to make a run for it in time.

You ran past the front door and head straight for the sliding glass door in the back. You slide it open but this time you weren't quick enough to get past Archie.

Archie grasps your wrist to stop you from going anywhere. "Now, now Y/n." He used the same innocent tone you had just minutes earlier. "Be a good girl and fetch my keys and we won't be late to the movie."

You pout, "We could always watch a movie here" you counter. "Besides, your keys are in the pool."

"Huh?"

In Archie's moment of confusion you use your free hand to reach into your back pocket and throw his keys as far as you could.

The keys flew up into the air and you both watched silently as they came back down dangerously close to the pool. When they landed, the keys managed to skid even further. They stopped right at the edge of the pool with only half of the keys hanging.

Archie let go of your wrist and you both walked on over towards the keys. "See Y/n, the universe has spoken and it said that we are going out tonight."

You groan because your efforts were futile. But then at the last second, they keys slipped and plopped into the water.

Both of your mouths dropped open in shock. You cocked your eyebrow at Archie, "You were saying?"

Archie scoffed in disbelief. "Well that's a shame."

You laugh still shocked that they keys managed to fall in after all. "What's a shame?"

He looked at you mischievously, "Your clothes," you look down and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with them, "they're all wet".

"No, no, no, no..." you said understanding what he meant but it was too late. He grabbed you by the waist this time and jumped in with you by his side. You could feel yourself moving through the air before hitting the water.

Splash!

When you broke to the surface you immediately splash a laughing Archie. "Hey! At least now we have an excuse to stay in. We fell in the pool."

You chuckle because you secretly loved that you didn't have to go out anymore but you were mad about your soaking wet clothes. "I actually was pushed into the pool" you retort.

"Same difference" he shrugged.

You roll your eyes and struggle to get to the stairs to exit the pool but Archie pulls you closer to him. "What?" you ask.

"We're already in here. We might as well enjoy it" he says as he starts to swim circles around you.

You weren't the best swimmer around and Archie knew that. "And what do you suggest then?"

"Let's play a game. One where you chase me." He winks and adds, "Catch me if you can" and swims off in the opposite direction.

You roll your eyes but go after him anyway.

A/n:

Follow me on tumblr: @ella-full-of-secrets

Riverdale sideblog: @lonely-full-of-secrets