Chapter Three: The Start Of A Beautiful Bromance

CHAPTER THREE: THE START OF A BEAUTIFUL BROMANCE

Walking into the party in low waisted blue jeans and a black leather jacket – exactly like how Asher had told him to do – he looked around and spotted…no one he could talk to without feeling slightly awkward.

Red cups filled with cheap, warm beer littered the floor of the house and scrunching up his noise, Micah could smell the sweat and alcohol in the air.

Looking around again, Micah noticed that he couldn’t see Asher anywhere and for the first real time – he was worried Asher had set him up.

Two hours had passed and there was still no sign of Asher. Micah stood up from his spot on the dirty couch and made a move to leave since no one was really talking to him so he opted to just leave and pretend he was never here.

On his way out the door, he was pushed back inside by none other than Asher Sawyer.

“I thought you weren’t going to show.” Micah muttered irritably, as Asher frowned.

“Wait you’ve actually been here since nine?” Asher asked disbelievingly while Micah’s jaw dropped.

“That’s what you told me to do!” Micah practically shrieked in annoyance. Asher rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Always arrive two hours later then you were told to be there. Rule number three.” Asher said and Micah nodded in acknowledgement.

“Have you at least been drinking? Making out with hot girls? Socialising?” Asher probed and Micah turned beet red and suddenly found his dirty white joggers very interesting.

“Lemon!” Asher said accusingly while Micah turned bright red once again and sighed.

“My car is named Lemon! Not me!” Micah defended but Asher only smirked at him. “I don’t care. It’s your new nickname.”

Micah muttered a curse under his breath while Asher continued to verbally attack him.

Please tell me you have a least had a conversation with someone.” Asher asked, pinching the bridge of his nose, clearly frustrated.

Micah shook his head in shame and Asher grabbed his arm and led him towards the kitchen; pushing him inside and beginning to pour them both a drink of the beer from the keg.

“I don’t drink. I mean I’ve never- I’ve never really had a-,”

Asher cut Micah off by thrusting a red cup filled with crappy beer and looked at him expectantly.

“I don’t-,”

“Scull it Micah or so help me god I will kill you.” Asher threatened and Micah gulped before sculling the warm liquid and grimacing at the horrible taste.

“That’s disgusting!” Micah complained while Asher smirked. “That’s free party beer. You’ll get used to it.”

Putting more into his cup, Asher handed it back to Micah, “Drink up dude. Something tells me you’re not a light weight.”

If one thing was for certain, it was that Micah was indeed actually a lightweight.

Standing on top of the dining table, Micah began to sing the lyrics loudly of the song – although he didn’t know the song, it didn’t stop him from making the words up.