Broken Flowers, Healing Sunshine

Once again, my greetings to all of you with a brand spankin' new oneshot. My last oneshot, actually, since the next batch of stuff...oh, more on that at the end. Anyway, this one's a little different, focusing on a completely different pairing and setting. For now, all you need to know is that it's set after the last oneshot I just published.

Author: Epicocity

Rating: K Plus

Pairings: Amourshipping, Snowlilyshipping

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Pokémon!

Broken Flowers, Healing Sunshine

An Ancienverse Pokémon Fanfiction

"As Kahuna, do you promise to protect the islands with all of your strength? To strive for the growth of all Pokémon trainers, new and old, and to watch over Melemele with the aid of our guardian deity, Tapu Koko?" As Hala's voice boomed over the square of Iki Town, asking these words, Serena stood in the crowd gathered there, eyes directed in rapt silence towards the stage above. The air seemed to bristle with a sort of electricity to it, and the anticipation of the crowd was building. Finally, the one on the stage chose to answer.

"I promise, tutu!" Next to Serena, Ash raised his hands up, like he and Pikachu were getting ready to clap, but neither of them did so. They were patient, continuing to watch the scene of Hau and Hala on the stage, each showing a bit more signs of their current age. They weren't alone, given everyone else that was there to watch the appointing of the new Kahuna, from Kukui and Burnet all the way down to Lillie, biting her lip and watching from Serena's other side.

"Then, as the now former Kahuna of Melemele Island, I pass down the position to you, keiki kane," Hala called out, and the whole crowd appeared to take a rather collective breath at that, one that was filled with the utmost excitement. "Welcome, Kahuna Hau!"

"All right!" Ash cheered, throwing his hands up into the air and giving a great burst of applause. Pikachu, settled right on his shoulder, also cheered out.

"Pichau! Pika pika!" Their own calls gathered some laughter from the crowd, but also a general wave of applause from everyone there. Serena shook her head and did the same, clapping loudly as tribal drums began to beat across the area, ushering in the age of a new Kahuna for the island. She had to figure that it must have been an exciting event for the citizens of Iki Town that were there, given that Hala had been Kahuna for a far longer time than most would have expected. Holding a ceremony to celebrate the changing of that position shortly after the last Alola League had been held merely seemed to double that excitement throughout the town. Next to Serena, Lillie was also clapping, the smile reaching her eyes as she beamed over at Hau.

"Everyone, to celebrate our new Kahuna, it is time for the feast!" Hala said, his voice reaching over everyone that was there. From the slope of the hill came a group of men, looking like those who used to work for Team Skull. They were carrying tables up the slope, while those behind them were carrying large amounts of food, even if some were eating just a bit of it. The applause ceased as Hau raised to stand, taken into a hug by his grandfather.

"It's pretty awesome, huh, Pikachu?" Serena heard Ash asking of his partner. She turned to her fiancé while the tables were being set up, watching as he scratched behind his friend's ears.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed, before he finally leapt off of Ash's shoulder and headed right for Pipi, the large Mouse Pokémon floating near a stack of malasadas with her mouth clearly watering. That left the engaged couple alone with Lillie, waiting for the whole feast to get underway as chatter settled itself upon the crowd. Hau wouldn't be joining them anytime soon, so the honey blonde decided to turn the conversation to a rather different matter entirely.