34

5 years later

"Are you sure you wanna go to the church dressed in that?" Camille asked her sister who wore a puffy dress that looked similar to a tutu but rather than pink, the dress stood out in multiple different colours. It was like a dress for a costume party.

"Definitely." Cassie said with pride. Camille shook her head at her older sister. Even though they were 4 years apart, with Cassie being the older one, Camille still felt like a mother to her. 

"It's a wedding, Cassie." Camille said and pulled out a white gown from her cabinet. "I think this would suit better." 

"But Cami-"

"You are wearing this dress."

"But-"

"No"

"It's-"

"No"

"...Fine."

"Atta girl." Camille said and tossed the gown to Cassie. Just at that moment, Ava popped her head in the girls room and came in. 

"You guys ready?" Ava asked with a sweet smile as she closed the door behind her.

"Not really." Camille said and jutted her thumb towards the rainbow in the room with a deadpanned look. 

Ava smiled at the amusing siblings. Even though Ava looked happy Camille could sense that she was also very nervous so she smiled at her encouragingly.

"It's going to be fine." Camille said and Ava scoffed. 

"Oh I'm not worried about me. Calvin's probably a stuttering mess." Ava said and Camille and Cassie laughed. 

"That's true though." Cassie said as she tried to fit her body into the gown but it was rather difficult. "What is this? Size xxs? I'm not a child!" She protested. Ava came over to try and help her but Camille gently pushed her aside. 

"No. You can not ruin your dress." Camille scolded. Ava smiled in amusement as she watched Camille try to help Cassie with her dress. 

"You're. So. Fat." Camille said as she tugged onto Cassie's dress. Cassie gasped on mock offence. 

"Excuse me, I just ate a salad for your information. I am not-"

"Cassie-" They heard someone outside knock on the door. "you in there, love?" 

The girls went silent fora moment hearing the newcomer. Cassie's face turned crimson red.

"D-DON'T COME IN!" Cassie yelled, her voice getting higher and her neck and cheeks flushed.

She heard a deep chuckle on the other side. Ava and Camille smirked at Cassie who was ready to crawl into a big hole and die. 

"I'll be downstairs." Noah said.

"Ok!" Cassie said in an overenthusiastic tone. 

Cassie stopped breathing until she heard the sound of retreating footsteps. She breathed a sigh of relief once the footsteps subsided. 

"Honestly, Cassie, why don't you just tell him?" Camille said rolling her eyes. 

"Tell him what? That I like him? As in like-like him? Hell no." Cassie said stubbornly. 

"Why not? He's cute." Ava said and Cassie subconsciously glared at her. "Hey I'm the one getting married here." She said and held her hands up in mock surrender.

"I just don't wanna ruin whatever friendship we have... the last time he asked me if I liked him, I told him we were better off as friends and I'm pretty sure he's already moved on." Cassie mumbled and fingered her dress. Ava and Camille looked at Cassie sadly.