chapter 1

Day 1 

My life turned to shit in one night. My mama's gone and now i'm alone. I shouldn't have done what I did. This whole hell started this morning. I went out to get my mom's med's from the pharmacy just down the street. I did some stuff and grabbed the med's and as I walked back home the guy came out and he had a gun. "You think you can just pay me like that!!" Jay yelled really pissed at me getting out of his car. 'shit he wasn't supposed to find out.' I said to myself as he cocked back his gun. I closed my eyes getting ready for the impact as the echo of the bullet exiting the chamber rang. I expected to feel pain in my abdimon but I didn't, Instead I felt liquid splatter onto my face and hands. I opened my eyes and saw Jay get back in his car as I looked down at my mothers body on the ground. I knealed down and grabbed my mothers hand as tears started streaming down my face. "MOMMA NO!" I yelled as the life slowly faded from her eye's as she fell limp. After a while an ambulance and couple of police cars came down the road and stopped infront of our house. The ambulance took my mom and the cops took me back to the police station and asked my some of the usual questions. "Do you have any alive family? Aunt's, Uncles, Grandparents?" "No." was my short reply only wanting to leave. "I'm almost 18 can't I just leave now; I can protect myself." "Nope sorry Diamond You said you could last time and look were that got ya." Frank said walking away. After he left he shut the door and I started playing my music very loud while dancing and singing to Your So Beautiful By: Lucious Lyon like I usually do when I'm coped up in here. The Lyon's are the best music producers there are out there, and pretty much their whole family are artists. I tried showing my mom their music but all she does is angerly tell me to turn that shit off and if I don't she'd hit me hard enough to leave a bruise or cut then ground me. Since I kept coming to school with bruises they kept investigating child abuse; that's how I know Jay. I still have a scar on my face when she burned me with her cigarette, when I was eight years old. I was distracted from my thoughts and singing by officer Jay coming back into the room. I turned down my music so I could here him talk "Hey D, there's somethin' I've been needing to tell you about your dad." "What do I need to know, I know who he is a dead beat on the streets, my mama told me everythin'." I said to him not wanting to listen anymore until he said, "No he's not, the complete opposite actually." 'what does he mean by that?' I asked myself. "My mama wouldn't lie to me." "Well did she tell you your daddy is a Lyon!" he said to me. 'What? he has to be lying; my mama wouldn't lie to me.'  "I told you before my mama wouldn't lie to me." I said as tears rolled down my face. "Fine maybe your right. Come on let's go for a little ride." He said as we left and got into his car. "Were are we going this time?" I asked. "You'll see when we get there." He said as he started the engine. The car ride was full of talking and raping to music.  I am 100% sure Jay is my most favorite cop in the world. I must have zoned out for a second cause the next time I looked up we were at a huge ass hotel. "What are we doing here?" I asked as we got out of the car. "Alright Jay; what the hell are we doing here."  I asked the man. He didn't answer me until we got into the elevator to go up to the top floor. "You'll see but keep a lookout for room 45G." Was all he said until we stood infront of the room number 45G and he knocked on the door. A man answered the door and looked strait at Jay who then nodded his head and the man said for us to come in. "Boss man, you got company." The man said. "Thank you Thirsty." An oddly familiar and comforting voice said as we walked into the room to see none other that "Lucious fucking Lyon".  I said. "In the flesh." He said looking up from his tablet as I looked amazed. "You read my thoughts." I said "Or you spoke them out loud." He said with a smile, "You look nothing like your mother." he whispered. "Uh yeah I never have, she said I remind her of my dad. Wait you know my mom?" I asked as I looked at him confused. "You never told her?" Lucious said. "Uh yeah, when she gets mad she is known to hit hard for a girl and I've been hit enough by her this week." He said taking a step back from me. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked confused again. "Diamond? Did your mother ever tell you anything about your father?" The king himself asked me. "Yeah, she told me she got fucked by a dead beat she used to know who got her pregnant with me." "Oh that bitch, now I know how she sees me." He said glaring at the floor. "What are you talking about?" I asked again. "Diamond your mother lied to you just so you know. Sorry in advance but if anything I was the one who fucked the dead beat and got her pregnant..........with....you. Diamond I am your father, and apparently your mother never told you out of hatred for me." I was stunned with emotion. I was about to speak until Jay put a paper infront of my face showing me the results of a paternity test. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My mom is an actual ass hole who lied to me my entire childhood. I looked up at Jay then Lucious and ran up to him with tears in my eyes as I hugged him I stayed there for a second and he hugged back as a thought came so my head. "Is Cookie gonna be pissed at you since she's out of Jail now, for fucking another woman while she was locked up; and it couldn't have been that long after cause me and Hakeem are only 2 years apart." I asked him. "No she wont be........she'll be god damn furious." he said letting go of my hug. "So what do you wanna do? Stay at my home with me and Anika or go back home with your mother." He said. "Let me fix your question. Either stay at your place with you and a woman named Anika or go back to an empty home. Stay with my d-d-dad Lucious fucking Lyon or go home. Um I choose the mansion out of those options." I said hugging him again. "Juanita will you set up a room for Diamond?" Lucious said into the laptop. "We'll go shopping tomorrow for your room. Well leave the hotel to get back to the house in about 2 hours." He said. I went over and sat on the couch that was by his chair After about 45 minutes of Lucious talking to Jay I ended up passing out on the couch.

An hour later

I woke up to a woman yelling at someone. "Cook I..." "No shut it Lucious." The voice yelled. I raised my head up to see her coming up to me with a calmed down expression. "Hey sweetly what's your name?" she asked me. "What happened to your face?" She asked worriedly. I took out my IPhone 4 and got out the camera. I saw the mark that my mom gave me 2 nights ago. "None of your business." I said. I am keeping to myself, She may be famous but I aint gonna trust nobody yet.  "Well okay you aint gotta tell me yet if you don't want to." She said understandingly. "But come on sweetie let's go to the limo." "You sure i'm not a bother." "No of course you aint and If you are it's your stank ass daddy's fault and he's gonna have to suck it up." I laughed at that and she helped me stand up as we walked out of the hotel to the Limo.