t h i r t y - e i g h t

I was shocked

I was shocked. Rachel had always been a 'rebellious teen' but I never thought she would end up in the hospital.

I grabbed a few important things and hopped in my car. My mom and sister lived in Brighton so it would be a two hour drive, but I didn't mind.

Since I moved out, me and my sister have obviously drifted apart a bit, but I would still do anything for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at the hospital as I told my mom I would meet her there. I walked in and asked in what room my sister was.

"Room 401, go straight and take the first left." the woman at the desk said. I thanked her and walked straight to my sisters room.

I saw her lying there, and my mom sitting on her phone.

"Hey mom." I said, walking up to hug her.

Me and my mom's relationship was... interesting. We obviously loved each other but we used to fight a lot, so that made us a little less close.

"How is she?" I asked.

Just as my mom was about to answer, the doctor came in.

"She's going to be fine." he said.

I sighed in relief. "Thank god. What happened?"

"She has alcohol poisoning so she passed out, but she will be awake in a few hours."

"Alcohol poisoning? She's bloody 16!" My mom exclaimed.

"Mom calm down, it's not the doctors fault." I said, giving the doctor an apologetic look.

"So it's mine? How was I supposed to know there would be alcohol at that party?" She said, looking rather offended.

"Mom please calm down." I sighed.

"I'll leave you two alone." the doctor said, as he walked out.

I just sighed and went to hold my sisters hand, ignoring my mother. I shook my head. She could be so irresponsible sometimes, but most of us our in our teen years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About three hours later, she still wasn't awake. I sighed, scrolling through instagram. I suddenly got a text from Harry.

 I suddenly got a text from Harry

I heard my sister mumble something as I put my phone down

"Oh my god Rachel!" I yelled as I ran to her and grabbed her hand.

"Shhhh! I have a headache." She groaned.

"Young lady what is wrong with you? WHY ARE YOU DRINKING ALCOHOL?!" My mom yelled.

"Mom give her a break. She just woke up!" I said. My sister squeezed my hand as a small thank you.

My mom huffed in annoyance and sat back down.

"Please tell me you didn't do anything more stupid than this?" I slightly laughed.

"If I did I wouldn't remember it would I?" She responded, giving me a small smile.

My mom looked shocked. "I'll wait in the car." She said and stormed out of the room.

Me and my sister talked for a while before she could leave.

"Make sure she stays hydrated and doesn't drink that much anymore." the doctor said, shaking my hand.

"I will, thank you sir." I said as we left.

"I'll follow you guys with my car and meet you at home, alright?" I said to my sister.

"No! Mom's going to give me a whole speech." Rachel groaned.

"Okay, wait a second." I laughed.

I knocked on my mom's window, signaling for her to open it.

"Rachel's driving with me, I'll see you at home. We need to catch up." I said.

I didn't even wait for her answer before me and Rachel got in my car.

"I love you so much." she laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After spending the rest of the day with my mom and sister, I was exhausted, and happy to finally be home.

I decided to text Harry.

I smiled

I smiled. He was way too nice.

Author's Note

ugh I sorta hate this chapter so sorry but yeah I hope you enjoyed anyway! if you did please vote/comment :)

I love you all so so much❤️