Chapter 1

"hey" I said through the phone managing to hide the hot tears from my voice.

"hello?" aunt Amy answered.

"hey, aunt Amy. That's Ren, Renesmee, Adalias' daughter." I introduced myself crossing fingers that she remembers me.

"OH, dear. How are you, sweetheart. I missed you so much. How is your little brother, and your father?" Aunt Amy used to be my mothers' bestfriend. They raised together, but parted when they got married, everyone of them settled in a different town. But still they used to visit each other once, or twice a month. I haven't heard from her though since my mother died.

"I- I... Can I come over?" I asked. 

"you mean, come here to ... ?"

"yea. I'm sorry, but  I really don't know where else to go."

"Where Are you ?" she asked through a worried tone.

"I'll explain everything, but just ple...." And that's when my voice betrayed me and my sobs became clear through the phone.

"Ren, dear, what's wrong?"

"I'm just.. Can I come, please?" my voice is weak unlike my tears

"of course you can. Just tell me when to-"

"now, can I come now ?"

"okay dear. I'll be waiting you. Just calm down Rene please."

"thank you." I hung up before standing up, wiping my tears, and heading to the airport.

Now I know where to go. I just need to know where to live, which school to go, and how to earn money to afford both, school, an leaving. Should I go back home already?

If you're thinking I ran away, yes I did. But it's not exactly running away because I informed my father. He's too busy with his new wife to care anyway! I hate them both. It took all the strength out of me to leave Declan, my little brother with them. But I couldn't just bring a five years old child to suffer wit me. Plus I know they're taking a good care of him.

........................

I knocked at the door according to the address aunt Amy gave me. A boy around my age opened the door, his eyes checking me from head to toe, not showing much effort to hide the disgust. Okay, I look like shit, I know, would you let me in now ? He crossed his arms over his chest with that look giving me the conclusion that I should introduce myself. 

"Hey, I'm Renesemee"

"And?" 

"Adalias' daughter." he's still in the same position, wearing the same look. Am I even in the right house ? "I'm sorry, is this Amys' house?" and with that he left. Okay, so I suppose it's not the right house ? He could have  just told me if it was the right house. Do I look that nasty ?

Just as I'm about to leave I heard footsteps, "hey, Ren dear. I missed you so much." aunt Amy pulled me in a tight warm hug that almost felt like my mothers'. " You grew so much." she pulled away, "Oh dear, you look so much like your mother." her eyes started scanning my features, " oh my god." she whispered as she pulled me into one more tight hug. " come in."

 "So, how's everything going with you?" Aunt Amy asked as she offered me a strawberry juice.

"Thank you" I said politely, "And everything is fine" I pulled a smile. I feel awkward, I feel so awkward, and so out of place. Why did I leave my fathers' place? And why did I think it was the right thing to call aunt Amy? Why did my mother leave me alone? Why did my father marry that thing called Agnes? Why am I suffering all of this? Why me? I'm regretting leaving my fathers' house already, I regret it so much that I want to run back to him and just.... Run back to him. I won't do it though. 

"Don't lie to me, Ren. You seem so muddled, I'm so worried about you.'

'I just can't get over my moms' death yet. It's barely been a year and a half, and my dad got married to another woman. I don't get it, I don't really get it, he seemed so into my mother. They seemed so in love. But just as soon as she died he got married. Just discovering that his feelings towards her were fake hurts, it hurts so much. And his new wife, I hate her so much. She hasn't done anything bad yet, but I can not accept her to take my mothers place, that's not right." I opened up to her. I don't know her that well, but I just trust her because my mother does...... Did.

"why do you assume that he didn't love your mother, Ren? It's hard for him as much as it is for you. I know you may think that it's selfish, but you should excuse him. He can't spend the rest of his ife without a wife, can he ?" 

"well, I'm going to spend the rest of my life without my mother." A single tear escaped my eye.

"No, Ren. Don't think that way, just think that she's now in a better place. She's probably watching you now." Her eyes glisten as she suppressed her tears. I'm not ready for dragging her to cry, that will only make me more wretched. "Did you leave your home for good?" she kinda changed the subject.

"I don't know, just until I'm ready to go back." I said before realizing, "Oh, I won't be staying here, I just need couple of days to find another place, if that's okay?"

"what are you talking about? Of course you're staying here, no where else." 

"I just want to try depending on myself." 

"you're just 16, Ren."

"I know, but..." I don't know how to express myself.

"But would you at least give me the opportunity to find a suitable job for you?"

I nod " Thank you." 

"You need to stop thanking me, Ren. You're like a daughter to me." she said before adding, " Yea, and you need to stop calling me 'aunt' as well. Amy would be just fine." she flashed me a loving smile.

______________________________________________________________________