Chapter 52: Go On A Date With Me

Tristan Tanner

Ugh.. what time is it?

I sat up, trying to look at the clock. Oh great, are you serious? I wake up at fucking midnight? I groaned and fell over to the bed. Someone's hand grabbed my sleeve, alerting me. I looked over and saw Cheryl sleeping beside me, her hand tugging on the hem. I smiled and pat her head lightly. Though sleeping, her cheeks puffed out in annoyance, glazed with a pink blush. HOW ARE YOU FUCKING ADORABLE?! TELL ME, CHERYL. WHY. WHY. I smiled and sat up, deciding to go online and check out articles about what happened a few hours ago.

I grabbed the laptop from the nightstand and opened it. It turned on, the screen blinding me. Cheryl turned around, avoiding the light. Nooo, come back! I'm sorry! I clicked my tongue. I just became more annoying inside my head over the months. I lowered the brightness of the laptop and turned on the lamp on the nightstand. I was looking through CNN 10, a source of news I always relied on. They always did the big stuff, plus the little stuff.

The Fallen Snow Angel: Her Savior Is Dead, What's Her Reaction? (November 20, 3037)

Click here to read more

My eyes flashed to the name of the article. It's an old article. A day after the Atlas Bomb exploded. I clicked on the article, my finger hovering over the mouse pad. I looked at the photo they had used. Is that.. a body wrapped in cloth? My eyes widened when I realized it was me. I scrolled down.

   We all know of the beautiful and eye-capturing Fallen Snow Angel. We all know of the good-looking and teen-girl-idol Gatekeeper Of Hell. Fortunately, yesterday was the fateful day that the two had saved the world. How? They teamed up to stop a group of scientists and criminals who identified themselves as the Dominators.

   Can we also throw in that both the suicide-obsessed angel and romantic-saving gatekeeper are only 17 years old?

   Unfortunately, only one survived. Cheryl Faun, the identity behind the Fallen Snow Angel, had survived the powerful Atlas Bomb explosion. No one knows exactly how, but most are concerned about why. Many conspiracies state the same thing: the suicide obsession may have gotten into her head and caused her to kill Tristan Tanner, the Gatekeeper Of Hell.

Click for video

My eyes widened. Cheryl? Killing me? That's fucking ridiculous! I clicked on the link to the video. The video was dark, and Cheryl was sitting on a swing at a park. It seemed to be right after sunset, when only streaks of yellow and orange were left in the sky. As far as I could see, the park was empty except for her. She was just sitting there, completely unaware of the cameraman and news reporter walking up to her. Her eyes snapped to the camera suddenly. A purple eye and a grey eye. Her music attribute. I gripped the blanket on top of me.

"Miss Cheryl Faun, do you have any words you'd like for the people out there to know?" The news reporter questioned.

Cheryl blinked, and then opened her mouth. "I didn't [bleep] kill Tristan. Whoever made that up can go [bleep] a [bleep] wall. I actually [bleep] loved him, and now he's [bleep] gone and I'll never [bleep] SEE HIM AGAIN." She wiped away the tears in her eyes.

"Is there anything else you'd like for people to remember?"

Cheryl looked at the woman. Then she looked at the camera. A ghost of a smile rested on her lips. "When you go to sleep, I want you to remember this. 'Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the demons bite.' Those demons are out there to ruin what's left of your already crumbling fairytale ending."

The camera then blurred and cracked when Cheryl punched it dead. The last image was of Cheryl's left eye glowing a furious purple and a tear streaming down her face. I exited the screen and put the laptop away, my eyes wide from what I witnessed. Is this what she had to suffer through before I woke up from the coma? I closed my eyes but suddenly felt someone hugging my right arm tightly. Cheryl was practically squeezing my arm to death. She flinched suddenly. A nightmare. I turned over and pulled the covers over her, making her flinch again.

Stupid princess.

"I love you," I mumbled and kissed her head lightly.

She blushed in her sleep.

~~~

"Go on a date with me, Tristan."

"W-What?!"

My eyes snapped over to Cheryl, who was reading a book. She looked up and closed her book. Sighing heavily, she peered up at me. I had been working on homework, which she had finished a long time ago. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun, and she was wearing one of my t-shirts, a pair of sleeping shorts unseen beneath the huge shirt.

"I said, 'Go on a date with me.'," she repeated, her voice clear.

I blushed and looked down at the floor. "Isn't that something I should be asking you?"

Cheryl's purple eye gleamed brightly. "In this relationship, I can ask anything I want to without the stereotypical and unneeded social constructs. No sexist terms in this relationship." She gave me a cutesy look. "So, Sunday?"

I sighed at her words and blushed again. "Fine. I'll go on a date with you." I slumped on my desk. "I just wanna be manly for once but you keep taking my spotlight!"

I heard Cheryl giggle, and she kissed the top of my head. She placed the book on my desk and grabbed my coffee mug. "I'll wash this in the sink. I need to take a shower anyway."

I grabbed her waist and pulled her on top of me, hugging her childishly. She squealed suddenly. "Nope! You have to read a chapter of that book to me."

"My, my. So possessive," she replied sarcastically, her voice making me smile. "I will, but not because you said so. It's a good book."

I smiled boyishly. "Good."

Unbothered, Cheryl put the mug down and picked up her book, flipping through the pages. "Chapter One, or where I left off?"

"It doesn't matter."

As long as it's your voice reading to me, I'm fine with it.