|Chapter Thirteen|

There were no words exchanged.

No body talked.

No body tried to stop it.

But I was right in the middle of it.

I watched, in complete shock, as Carl beat the living hell out of Zeke. Zeke was already bloody all over. His lips burst open, his nose had already shifted to the other side of his face which couldn't be seen anymore because it was covered in blood.

Carl's eyes, the only thing I noticed, held so much anger in them. He didn't stop for a single second, he kept throwing and tossing Zeke like he was a doll.

"Alex!", Still perplexed by all that was happening, I refused to take my eyes off Carl. I couldn't talk, and I didn't want to. After all Zeke deserved it.

I just wanted to run towards Carl, hold him in my arms and tell him it was all right.

But I couldn't.

I was too hurt.

I was too scared.

And I wanted Zeke to suffer first.

"Alex", Kate breathed out and pulled me into a hug.

"She needs to go to the nurses office now.", Tony said with worry laced in his voice.

"That bastard", Kate Cursed as we all watched Carl disfigure the pervert.

"Hey! Hey! Stop!", A teacher yelled as he ran between the fight. He tried holding Carl but failed miserably at it.

Then we heard teachers chasing the students home. And two more male teachers entered  the fight.

Carl didn't look pleased. He kept glaring at Zeke, who I was sure, was already unconscious.

As our eyes met, his softened immediately as they stared into mine. "Mr. Ashton, report to the principal's office now!".

***********

Mom and Dad were called to the school, and when they heard about everything, Dad almost beat hell out of the principal. Asking where he and the teachers were when it all happened.

They informed that they were going to expel Zeke, and suspend Carl. But mom, having studied Law, argued with multiple reasons, why they shouldn't suspend Carl. And I agreed with her.

I heard from Tony that it was Linsey who heard my voice and ran to tell him about it. If course I thanked her. And i promised to buy her a box of pizza. If it wasn't for her.... well...

But, lesson from this, always share your project work to students who need it. You never know when you'll need them.

The school was in complete Chaos, as Zeke's parents came to apologise, but received scolds from mom and Dad. Carl, on the other hand was in the nurses office treating his bloody and injured fists.

All through everything that happened. All I thought about was how much I wanted to see him.

Carl.

************

"Are you sure you're okay?, Do you need to see a therapist?", I rolled my eyes at her. "No mom. I'm fine", she stared at me for some time before sighing.

"You need some rest okay?, And then we'll see the doctor again tomorrow", I gave a weak smile and nodded.

"We'll be back after taking care of this case for good alright?", Dad added and I nodded again.

"In the mean time, I trust Carl to take care of you", mom smirked. "I'm very proud of what he did to that prick", I giggled and nodded. "Me too".

"Be safe" she said before getting in the car with Dad and I watched as they drove off.

Taking in a deep breath, I entered the house.

I walked into the kitchen and got myself water as I gulped it all down. My throat hurt from all the screaming.

Then i walked to the living room when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

I turned to see Carl staring at me, as if I were a ghost. "Carl....", I smiled and walked towards him.

"Hi...?", He smiled and pulled me into a tight hug as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

I couldn't help the smile that graced my lips as I buried my face in his chest.

I felt warm at last. And my chest didn't hurt anymore, instead it felt as warm as it had ever felt.

We both stayed like that for a while, not moving, not talking. Just silence, as we both heard the sound of our hearts beating.

****

"Did he.....", he trailed off, staring at me and I shook my head. "He wanted to", I replied and his jaw clenched.

"I should have followed you", he sighed and I chuckled. "Eww, perv!", I scrunched my nose in disgust and he rolled his eyes.

"You looked scary.", I sighed and he looked at me. "To be honest, I have never seen you so angry", I shrugged and he sighed.

"Yeah....me neither", he admitted and I smiled. "You care that much about me?", I pouted and he laughed.

"I do",he confessed and slowly stroked my cheek gently with his thumb. "I hate seeing you cry"

Ba-doom. Ba-doom. Ba-doom.

My heart raced at his words and suddenly, I couldn't move. His eyes looked down at mine with so much worry, guilt and so many other emotions I couldn't quite read.

"And I hate seeing you worry", I breathed out. "I want that dimpled smile back. Like.....now...."

He smiled and rolled his eyes. "I'm trying to stay angry here Alex", I smirked and slowly reached for his cheeks with my index fingers till I touched his dimples.

"Nah..... I like this better", his smile widened as he stared back at me.

"Thank you"

He stroked my cheek and nodded. "You're welcome Sugar. Anything for you.", I stared back at his eyes and he into mine.

"At this rate......I won't be able to hide it anymore", he whispered and my eyes widened.

"What?", I croaked out and he smiled. "Nothing....", he said before kissing my temple, leaving nothing but  warmth behind.

"'C'mon, you need to rest", he said, grabbing my hand in his gently and pulling me up.

But the funny thing was, I didn't believe that was just 'nothing'. And I was going to find out what that statement meant.

|°|°|°|°|°|°|•°|°|°|°|°|°|°|°|

And that's it for this chapter readers!

Thank you so much for reading.

And it might take a little time before the next chapter shows up so,

Please be patient.

Thanks!

-snakeybb