chapter 1

johanna's POV  
      It's quite good hmm, I sighed. Empire High School one of the most prestigious schools, I was admitted into the school even though I was in ss3. Schools don't accept students in ss3, but you know...😐 the school is really big, bigger than my former school Fatima Girls College.
     The buildings are painted green and cream. I looked around the school the moment I got down from our car. I bade goodbye to my mom as she says as she drives off "Jo if you don't like the school,  we can always change school", . It's a three storey building, different blocks. 
       I walk straight to the building where ADMINISTRATIVE BLOCK  was boldly written. I open the door and walk in. In there, alot of students, in mufti, some with their parents, all seated on a pew the school provided. The front office personnel dress in a black suit and white blouse smiled at me.  I walk up to her "excuse me ma'am, am new here and I was asked to meet the principal "
"what's your name? " she asked with a smile
"Johanna Dokubo " I replied with a smile
"class? " she asked again
" ss3"
"I was expecting you anyways " she said as she pick up the telephone on her desk to call someone, I seized the opportunity to look around the office it was painted white and the few students looked nice, most of them look like they are new while the rest came with their school fees tellers and  others came for one reason or another. I looked at my uniform a green check like short plaited skirt and a cream shirt, black sneakers and white short socks and a tie, I made shuku braids and its really beautiful.  Guess what?, it's a mixed school. Not like my former all girls school.  Boys hmm.... What's the worst that could happen. While waiting my mind drifted off to last night, I had those nightmares again it just feels like its happening again, I woke up to see my mom praying beside my bed. What could I do without her? I wonder  If not for her I would probably be in darkness. A tall handsome melanin lacker walked in. He looks like he's in his  late 20's he wore a blue jean and a red T-shirt his hair cut was so fucking cool! I don't know exactly what they call it though . He smiled as he walked in,
"Good morning dear " he said
"Good morning " I mumbled shyly he must have noticed me checking him out. (I stopped here, I'm about to do something, I'll continue when I'm free)
"well, am Mr Aboderin, your form teacher " he said still smiling
"Johanna dokubo" I replied as he handed me some papers oh my time table. Suddenly the principal's door opens and my worst nightmare walked out of the office.
Oh! what the hell is she doing here?, Did she follow me all the way to Lagos?, Did she miss me that much? I wondered to myself.
Are you kidding me? ughhh I said with a smirk plastered to my face.
"What the hell are you doing here? " she replys with disdain
"I should be asking you that. "
"you followed me right? "
"Awwn sweetie, I know you miss me so much!" I replied faking sweetness like she was also doing.
"Do you guys know each other?" a voice asked
I turned and faced Mr 'what was his name again', I totally forgot he was there.
Yes! we answer at the same time
"Let's go to the class" he said as he led us to the class
Bisola Akintade my bestie, I thought with a scorn indeed bestie indeed , we are no where near that but gosh she loves me so much, hate actually, she is wearing the same uniform with me , she is light in complexion, she always sees me as a rival so we both don't get along. She has a dirty brown shoulder length hair  and I have a very dark long hair bra length even if it had been altered. I have a thing for long hair and I hate boys except my brother, don't ask me why. I have always wonder why God didn't give Africans long hair like the Indians ugh but black girls hair rock.
  I wonder why Bisola came to Lagos, and why she chose this school of all schools. I remembered saying I was going to empire high back in FGC Abuja, maybe she misses you so much my inner voice gives me a better answer I smiled inwardly. We finally reach the class the noise was so much. Mr whatever signal us to wait out side as he address the students. Shit! I'm nervous. "Don't get in my way " I hear a voice say behind me. I know that voice, Hmm Bisola won't kill me.
Mr whatever was done with his speech he motioned us to come in. We walk side by side into the classroom as the students start clapping and welcome us. Bisola put on her famous innocent smile. I scanned the class, BOYS ugh... I used to go crazy for them before but now I hate them. we were asked to introduce ourselves and assign to a seat. I was assigned to a tall serious faced girl she is wearing a glass while Bisola was assigned to a beautiful girl on makeup. Who wears makeup to a secondary school? For God's sake she looks like the class queen bee. I walk to my new seat partner. The seats are green and really flashy and beautiful back in FGC we sit alone, and now a seat partner? hmm such a change. I need to get used to it "hi " I say to her she mumbled something I couldn't phantom and faced her book. It wasn't the first day of school to everyone else but it was to me because I resumed a week late.  Oh this girl is not nice I'm so scared, I'm not sure I would last long in this school. I thought almost in tears. " "Hey " I raised my head and face a very cute petite caramel skin girl, I look at her hair she is on a low cut, yeah I do that a lot for a reason I don't want someone's hair to be longer than mine yeah.
    "hi " I reply she smiled OMG she is so cute I'm not attracted to girls but when I see beautiful girls I admire them but she is not beautiful but cute, there is a difference. I looked at her for head to toe, sparkly diamond earrings, her green skirt is really short showing off her pretty legs, she is wearing a black and green sneakers .
   "Are you done checking me out " she asked in between giggles
    "yeah " am done I laughed
   "science, Art or commercial? "
   "commercial " I answered
Who asks for your department without your name I wondered
     "Art " she said again "well she continue as a bell rings it's time for a class follow me" I stand up to follow her I felt eyes on me. I turn and look at the back and guess what boys there were watching me. I shrug it off,  the petite girl chuckles I pick up my bagpack and place it on my shoulder. I follow her we walk side by side as she begins "they were comparing you and bisola, who is more beautiful and they were try to check out your ass l.o.l she laughs, I joined her
Are you kidding me who spells out l.o.l like that, oh she is crazy I wondered and laughed with her  she isn't bad. She continue " you are thick but bisola is thicker, big boobs and big ass bitches, God where was I when you were sharing assets she asked with a frown looking up I laugh " you were in the kitchen stealing meat "
"L.o.l" she said it again while laughing and she started talking again "we have different classes for each subject, so you will walk a lot. We finally reach the class,she open the door and we both face a hot chocolatey melanin handsome guy OMG I hope am not drooling he has a nice haircut. He stare at me for a second then turn to the petite girl and said "honey,  did you bring that stuff "
"Yep" she replied with a smirk
"uhm, Danny can you help me take care of her, she is new" she asks
He nodded and say
"hi, goddess jo_jo"
OMG he recognises me.