chapter 1

Wrists have become a popular subject around the globe since what everyone's calling "The Marking" about 16 years ago. You see, ever since the Marking children have been born with names on the inside of their wrists.
The name of their soulmate.
They say when one comes close to their soulmate their wrist will glow brilliantly and when they touch them the light emanating from their wrists was just as fine as when they are close to each other. Hopefully there is someone with my name out there for me my soulmate.
Some say that they feel when their soulmate is close, however those are the ones loaded up on drugs and everything. Others would theorize that people's soulmates have been their soulmates throughout all their lives, as in past lives. For example, my soulmate and I might've been together for thousands or hundreds of lives before that. We're what you say meant to be, because no matter where we are in the world we will always come together.
There has been debates all over the world about the names on our wrists, some might say it could start a war. Some say you should just accept fate and be with your soulmate. Others say that we should be free to choose and not let whatever this force that started the Marking force us to be with what it says is our soulmate. Those people are ignorant to the definition of what our soulmate is. Those people don't have marked wrists.
People will go worldwide to find their soulmate. The crazy teens who believe love will always prevail might roam the streets calling their soulmates name. It gets kinda annoying. Sometimes I walk through school and see all the people together who know they are going to be together forever holding hands, wrists glowing, and showing so much PDA I could throw up. As you can probably infer I've not yet met my soulmate, my one true love, the "One."
His name is Noah; and, he has my name, Hope.
I go to Reagan High as a freshman in the little town of West Valley City, Utah, which is literally in the middle of nowhere. At Reagan High there's four kids named Noah. Noah number one is a twin with Noah number two, and those Noahs are the popular ,"I'm gonna cover up my soulmate's name because I want it to stay a mystery, " kind of kids, Juniors this year. Noah number three is a flat-out nerd (I call him Nerdy Noah). Star Wars, Minecraft, even photoshopping memes, and taking engineering classes, Freshman this year. Although he does have a great sense of humor and makes me smile when I see him. Finally the fourth Noah, . Oh boy, he's certainly one of the troubled kids with his leather jacket showing he belongs to the East Side gang; yet, you can see at times that under his hard shell is a softie who cares about people.
All these Noah's say that they don't care about who their soulmate is or they already found her. It's kinda annoying that none of these guys seem to be even close to my soulmate. Although, I do really like Nerdy Noah, he's genuine unlike other people in my class and he knows everything. He has a great sense of humor and no one can't help laughing at his jokes. His dark chocolate eyes always mischievous hiding behind his thick glasses with his hair as dark as the frame, and his jawline leaves me speechless and, he's super skinny from running cross country and track, and also has as skinny arms as mine.
None of them seem to be interested in me and I wasn't particularly interested in any of them. They all had way too different personalities compared to mine and none of them seem to understand where I've come from or who I am. None of them really want to know me or where I've come from besides Nerdy Noah. We've been best friends ever since I can remember. The twin Noahs are too self absorbed to care about anyone else's opinions, thoughts, or feelings. They wouldn't understand at all what I go through everyday living in fear. The only person who I could relate to the most is Gang Noah he grew up in a rough neighborhood and doesn't want anyone to know about it. He's not afraid of getting hurt mentally of physically. I say he's gotten into about 5 fights this summer from what I've heard and his gloating on Snapchat also helps with my knowledge of his fights.
I hate that none of the Noahs ever get close enough for me to see the light that we were a perfect match and soulmates.