Affection

You parted your lips to say something, but before you could, the door burst open. You stumbled back to see Eros vanish quickly. You knew he was still there, sending a chill down your spine.

"There she is!" Your mother exclaimed, hugging you. 

Your father came in, holding a [flavor] cake with two layers. Your grandparents came in, carrying presents wrapped in golden wrap. You smiled softly, though it was slightly forced.

You took the time to hug everyone.

"Happy valentine's birthday!" Your grandmother said excitedly.

"How old are you now!?" Your grandfather.

"Oh, never mind that! Let's eat some cake and open those presents! Tomorrow, maybe we could go get something to eat at your favorite restaurant!" Your father exclaimed.

Believe it or not, this was your entire family. Well, your adopted family. You had you mother, father, grandmother, and grandfather, and that's it. 

Your father put in the candles and lit them afire. After singing 'Happy Birthday', you blew out the candles, not bothering to make a wish. What's the point? They never come true anyway. You got the first piece of cake and then opened your presents, mostly getting new clothes and a new phone case. You fake smiled to see your new white phone case had a (F/C) heart on the back of it. But you put it on the be polite, and it was your favorite color.

"Thanks," You said, once again hugging everyone.

Your grandparents left and you showered. You got millions of texts from Anna, selfies of her and Kyle on a date. The final one was 'goodnight'.

You replied a 'night' before pulling the sheets over your form.

"Goodnight, love~" You heard a voice.

You jumped and saw those similar light magenta orbs. You sighed in relief not to see an intruder or anything, but glared at him anyway.

"Don't call me that. And please tell me you're not gonna watch me sleep!" You whisper-shouted not to wake your already slumbering parents.

"Maybe~" He winks.

You glowered at him, and he laughs.

"Okay, okay. I won't," He said in defeat. 

He disappeared and you turned over, sinking into the bed, your head resting on the soft fabric of the pillow. You closed your (E/C) hues, falling into slumber.

In all honestly, he lied. He couldn't resist it. He stood in the corner of her bedroom, watching as she peacefully slept. Not able to resist the temptation, he reached over, tucking one of your locks that fell over your face behind your ear.

Eros smiled softly, humming to himself. He searched around your room, gazing at pictures. There was a picture of you at the beach with your fake parents, smiling brightly. Though, he easily spotted the pain in your orbs.

Oh, how he desired to remove that pain from your heart. He'd place it upon him if he could. He'd take the burden for her.

He glanced over at (Y/N) once more before vanishing, returning to Mt. Olympus for the night.

Morning came, the sun rising and shooting golden beams between the blinds. You opened your eyes, adjusting to the blinding sunlight. 

You stood up, stretching your limbs. You quickly fixed your hair before walking into the kitchen for some breakfast. You were quite surprised to see Anna talking to your mother at the kitchen table, drinking coffee.

"Oh, hey, Anna," You greeted.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Anna said happily with a joyous smile.

"What brings you here?" 

"Oh, she was asking to tag along for your birthday dinner. And she also brought you a present!" Your mother pitched in.

"Oh, really?"

Anna hummed, handing you a small (F/C) wrapped present. You poured yourself a cup of coffee and sat at the table to open it. It revealed a small silver charm bracelet. You smiled softly and put it on.

"Thanks, Anna."

"You're welcome!" 

"How sweet of you, Anna. Thank you," Your mother said. "Would you like more coffee?"

"No thanks!" Anna smiled at your mother. 

"Oh! You should go get ready," Your mother insisted. "Your grandparents are on your way."

"Now? Is this a birthday breakfast, lunch, or dinner?" You queried.

"I'd say breakfast," Anna giggled.

You vanished into your bedroom to get ready for your birthday dinner... Or breakfast.