°spring°

spring. a time for flowers, rain, sunshine, and for the world to start anew.

it's a beautiful time for friends and family to come together and redeem themselves over the nice weather.

or for hoseok to wake up with a throbbing headache and a stuffy nose.

"damn it, i can't get sick.. not today."

hoseok groaned as he tried to sit up only to be brought right back down. he definitely wasn't going anywhere.

he groaned once again and turned over, grabbing his phone from the charger.

2:35 pm.

15 new messages !
5 missed calls from 'baby💕'

'oh no..' was the first thing to pop in hoseok's mind.

the man grimaced as he clicked on his texts;

- yah ! where are you?
- we were supposed to meet at one, it's already two !!
- shin hoseok !!!

hoseok sighed heavily, typing out his reply.

"sorry baby, i'm sick today. i overslept."

almost immediately he got a response.

"oh my gosh my poor baby !! i'll be right over to make you some soup !"

the man smiled at his phone screen, kihyun was always so kind and caring. he loved hoseok so much, and yet hoseok felt like the worst boyfriend.

he overslept on their date day and missed all these calls and texts.

yet here kihyun was, rushing to him.

'i don't deserve him..' he thought to himself, a frown sneaking it's way onto his face.

'he's way too good for me..'

hoseok's phone buzzed, the words 'i'm here !!' popped up just as soon as hoseok heard his front door unlock.

"babe !! i'm here~"

hoseok's frown melted away at the sound of his boyfriend's voice.

kihyun walked into the room and smiled at the man, "you're such a big baby, you know that?"

"i know, i'm sorry you have to deal with it so much.."

kihyun froze in his tracks, "hoseok.. don't apologize. i like it when you're all smiley and cutest around me."

"so i'm not too much to deal with?"

kihyun sighed, sitting down on the bed next to hoseok. he leaned over and felt his head.

"you were right, you are sick."

hoseok rolled his eyes, "i tol-"

"you're sick in the head. hoseok, if you were ever too much for me to deal with then i wouldn't be with you. i love you, okay? i don't care how many dates you miss or how long i have to wait. your health is more important to me, and you're obviously sick - your skin is all pale and clammy. so just lay down and i'll bring you some soup and tissue okay? you need to blow that leaky nose of yours."

kihyun climbed off the bed and began to leave but before he could move any farther hoseok grabbed onto his wrist, "i love you so much, you know that right?"

kihyun smiled and pressed a kiss to hoseok's forehead, "i know, and i love you too."