Chapter Six

Xavier

I was getting my guns when the door to the basement burst open, revealing Axel. His eyes frantically search the room and when it landed on me, what I see in there made my blood boil instantly.

"They took her Boss! All of our tapes had been wiped out," He said hastily.

I was on the move before he could even finish his sentence. Gripping the gun in my hand, I swept out of the room, and down to the parking lot where my men are waiting. They saw the grim look on my face, and as I went past them, they followed.

"East bound, 34th street. They're on the move," Axel voice comes from the intercom as I sat behind the wheel.

I listened to him rattled off which car Felicity is sitting in. Apparrently, the tip came in from the hired help I had assigned to watch over her years ago. They didn't know she was in the house when they took her that's why she informed him immediately.

"Shoot them on sight but leave Salvatore to me." I growl, gripping the steering wheel hard as I weave through the throngs of cars.

We turned to 34th street within seconds and saw the black escalade heading through the boulevard. It was convoyed by two range rovers.

"We'll strike at the intersection." I gritted through clench teeth and I shake my head when the image of Felicity crying helplessly began to cloud my mind. I'll make them pay and there was no limit to what I would do to them.

The moment they neared the crossing, I stepped on the gas and accelerated past their cars before stopping up front, blocking their way.

I grab my gun and burst out from the car. Doors were thrown open and my men charge forward. Shots rang in the air and people starts screaming. Bodies hit the ground within seconds and some of my rage eases when I step over them, continuing on my path towards the car where Felicity is. One guy step in my line of vision and lunged forward but I quickly side step him and put two bullets in his chest.

I look ahead and saw Romano finally get out of the car and start firing back. Growling loudly, I jumped to my feet and charge forward, firing two other men on the way. His eyes widen when he sees me coming and try to point his gun at me but it was too late. I already pull the trigger and shot him in the hand, making his gun fell to the ground. He cried out in pain, turn around and tried to run but I put another bullet in him, this time in his calf. Stepping in beside him, I stared him down.

"How dare you fucking put your filthy hands on my woman!" I growl.

His eyes widen as realization dawned on him.
"I didn't know please believe me!"

I point my gun between his eyes as I pull the trigger. "Too fucking late."

I step over his body and yank the door open beside him. The sight that greets me made my blood ran cold. My Angel was slumped against the door with blood dripping down on the side of her forehead, unconscious.
A loud thunderous growl escape my lips and without thinking, I step back and emptied my clip on Romano's lifeless body.

"Boss. She needs you," Axel voice pulled me back to the present.

Taking a deep calming breath, I walk back to the car and reach for her. I held my breath as I carried her limp body outside, my hands trembling. The blood in my veins was ice as I'd shut off every ounce of conscience that I have. I couldn't even think about her being drag away from her home. My baby must be so scared.
"I'm so sorry Angel."

Back in my home, the doctor was already there waiting for our arrival. I walked up to my room and laid her carefully in my bed, then she proceed to check on her. I was afraid to take my eyes off her and I felt helpless standing there doing nothing when what I wanted was to hunt down the fucker who cause this even though some of my men were already on the hunt for Dimitri. How the fuck did I let this happen? I'm always three steps ahead of everyone else and I should have predicted things.

"She had a mild concussion and plenty of rest is very important to her right now." The doctor says finally, before turning to me. "I also patch up some of her old bruises so it would probably fade in a couple of days. Here's her medicines, she must have it every four hours."

My breath caught. "Old bruises?"

She frowned at me and nodded. "Yes. She has some on her hips and wrists though half of it was already healing, I still suggest she avoid any physical activities. "

Burning rage flared inside me as her words sunk in. "Leave us."

I waited until she left the room before taking a seat in the side of the bed. I reach out and clasped her hand with mine before looking down at her.

"I'm sorry I was a little late to get you, Angel. I will never allow anyone to harm you ever again. I staked my life on that."