Chapter 3

I walk into my room and take a seat. I turn it around and look up to the life god.
"We never properly introduced ourselves," I say. "My name is Sayu, but I'm sure you know that. And yours is...?"
"Seikatasu," she pauses. "But that is what you humans call a mouthful. So call me Kata." I remember that an Indonesian friend of mine told me that kata means word.
"No," I say. "That's Indonesian for word, and your full name is Japanese for life. I need to give you an alias... I know. I'll call you K, for Kata. And you call me S... for Sayu. That way it will be harder for Kira to find my identity then, unless he does the ideal."
"The ideal is dangerous, but with a Life Note, it can be overpowered and even destroyed."
"How!" I demand. "If you tell me how, we can rid the world from the Death Note!"
"It is too risky," K says. "There is a price for destroying a Death Note... and the main price is your mental stability and health. The other part of the price is giving up ownership of the Life Note and all memories of it." I pause. My life, over the destruction of Kira's power. I know it seems selfish but I'm still young... and every now and then I feel like Kira is doing us a massive favour.
"If..." I start to say. "If it comes down to it. I will give everything up to defeat Kira. I am willing to. I'm the only one that can do it!"
"Very well then," the Life God said. "It is written in your destiny, and will be upon you in the following years." Shock comes across my face and I realise what I just said and I want to take it all back but I know I shouldn't.
"My life will be sacrificed for the rest of the world." The Life God nods, but it seemed like it didn't like the idea. I looked away, and a tear trickled down my face.

Hi! No definition section in this chapter as I told you during the chapter! Sorry for it being so short but I have more planned ahead and a great chapter for tomorrow! Two chapters will be out tomorrow but one of them is April Fools! Can you find out which one??