Chapter One.

The rain was heavy that night. Pouring so bad it flooded most of the roads. My parents were arguing over my mother’s sister. Melanie my father said her name was. I started crying but that made things worse. My father blamed my mother for making me cry. My mother blamed my father. They just wouldn’t stop the arguing. They didn’t hit anything, but the car suddenly flew into the air and spun around in a sharp fast blurring movement. It was over fast. The car landed with a hard loud bang. I stopped crying. No noise coming from anything. I looked over to the direction my parents were. My father’s jaw had been ripped off. How was that even possible? I mean it’s just a car crash. No ordinary car crash would do something like that. My mother didn’t look to bad. However her wrists were slit open.

My car seat buckle suddenly unclipped itself and I fell onto the roof of the car. I crawled out and kept crawling away from the wreckage. Woods? Where were we going? I sat in the middle of the road for almost four hours before a car approached us. They skidded to a halt when they saw me. They got out. I couldn’t understand them. I looked over at the wreckage, They followed my eyes. They called someone. I’m guessing the police and hospital services, Considering the wailing of their sirens approached and finally after ear bending pain came to a stop. I was picked up and put in the police car, A lovely police officer trying to distract me. It started to work but then suddenly out of nowhere came a loud bang. Like an explosion.

The car where my parents lie still caught fire and exploded. Several paramedics got injured and had to be rushed off. I dared to glimpse a look over at the wreckage. The flames were so bright and the fumes nearly chocking everyone. The officer got in the front of my car and drove away, Leaving one police vehicle behind. As we drove off into the night that’s when I noticed him. I was two months old then. His face still haunts me to this day.

My name’s Casey. I’m 19. At college studying Veterinary. I love animals. They are the only ones who seem to understand me. I got adopted by the lovely couple who found me that dreadful night. I’m currently in therapy right now. My shrink has been trying to get me to talk about my parents for years now. I shall never tell anyone anything about it. It’s too painful. My hour finally ticks to an end. I agree to see Dr Drew again next week. I grabbed my coat and head out the door. I get into my car and head home. Finally I can get some sleep. Though sleeping for me is very difficult. Always has been.

I’m welcomed home to the smell of warm dough. Yummy!

“Hey Casey.” My brother says. “I made some bread. Fancy some?” He gives me a massive grin. I nod back and he disappears into the kitchen after giving me a one minute then motion. I hang my coat up and head for the living room. I walk in to find Scott sat in my chair. I go to sit on the coach and he moves. “Sorry Casey. Here have your seat back. It’s just so comfy I couldn’t help myself.” He gave me a shy little grin. “No it’s okay. As soon as I’ve eaten my slice of bread I heading for bed anyway.” I replied with a bit over the top bright grin. I felt like I was blushing. We fell into silence until Marcus came in with my slice of bread. It was still warm and the butter was melting. Just the way I liked it. Marcus and Scott talked about wrestling and games. I zoned out. I found myself staring at Scott and turned away. How long was I looking at him? Why did he have to be so perfect? I stood up a little too fast and got dizzy. I dropped the plate and fell. Scott caught me before I fell to the ground. I could see Marcus in front of me asking me something. I couldn’t hear him though. I noticed behind him a familiar face. Who was this guy? Finally I hear what Marcus was saying as my hearing returned. “Casey? Are you okay? Can you hear me? Do you need to go to hospital?” He looked really worried. I steadied myself before replying with “I’m fine. Just got dizzy. I don’t need to go to hospital. I need to sleep. You worry to much.” I turned to face Scott. “Thanks for catching me.” He replied with a simple no problem. He looked just as worried as Marcus. I bent down and grabbed my plate. I said goodbye to them both and headed to the kitchen. Marcus had left loads of pots, Pans, Cups and dishes, I washed up, Dried them off and put them away before retreating to bed.

I dreamt of the accident with my parents again as I did every night. Everything was the same in the dream. Right up till the end. That guy I saw said “You’re next.” I woke up panting. “Hey Casey. Are you okay? Bad dream?” I turned to find Scott in my doorway. I gave him a puzzling look. “Oh sorry. I just went to the bathroom. You were screaming in your sleep you know?” I felt myself going red. “Was I?” He nodded. “Sorry bad dream.” I laughed shakily. He headed out the door and said without looking at me “If you want to talk about anything you know where to find me.” Then he disappeared into the hallway. I couldn’t sleep that night. What did that guy mean? You’re next? What could that possibly mean? Who was he? What did he want from me? Why Ws he there when my parents were killed? Why is he haunting me? So many questions running through my mind. Never to be answered unless................ Unless I do something to find them out.

Thanks for reading Chapter One. I hope you enjoyed it.

Playlist while writing chapter one:

Ed Sheeran -  Drunk.

We are the in crowd (WATIC) – For the win.

WATIC – Never be what you want.

WATIC – Rumour mill.

WATIC – Both sides of the story.

WATIC – Kiss me again.

WATIC – Lights out.

My chemical romance – Welcome to the black parade.

I shall be updating every Thursday. Hope you enjoy my story.

Kayleigh. <3