Chapter 3

A few days went by and Imani was sitting outside watching her father casket go down into the ground slowly. She was staring at the grass because she was so lost. Markel had come to the funeral to show his respect. He walked over to Imani and sat by her. He said, "Moni I'm sorry." He grabbed her hand, and she slapped him and spat, "Don't fucking touch me! Got it?" She stood up to walk away. 

That same day, Jayden was laying in the bed and this girl was laying on him sleeping. Brandon walked into the room and said, "Yo?" Jayden said, "Wassup?" He asked, "What are you doing today?" Jayden said, "Shit. Nothing chilling." Brandon asked, "You talk to owe girl?" which he was referring to Imani. Jayden said, "No. She at her dad's funeral."

He said, "Aw damn. How he die?" Jayden said, "I didn't know. She won't tell me." Brandon nods his head and said, "Well I'm bout to get the boys to go and make some bread." Jay nods his head. Brandon tried to be funny and ask, "What if that girl you tryna cuff saw you like this?"

Jayden said, "She not, because when I do cuff her I'm staying loyal." Brandon was kind of shock and said, "You loyal? Oh shit, let's see how long that's gone last. I never saw King Jay be loyal for any bitch." Jayden said, "Aye watch your mouth and I'm serious. I want to get on with shortie." Brandon said, "Okay. We'll see but I will be back." and he walked out Jayden's room. Jayden looked at the girl that was laying on him and said, "Aye bitch?" waking the girl up.

She woke up and said, "Yeah?" He said, "Get up and get out. I got places to go and I don't need you here." She asked, "Why?" He gave her a serious look, because he doesn't like to be questioned, and she knew that. So she rolled her eyes and got dress and left out the room. Jayden got out the bed too and went to go take him a shower.

The next day Imani was lying in her bed looking at the tv and while thinking about her dad. When they buried her father, her mom somehow got the judge to let her have custody of Imani, and allow for them to stay at her dad's house which Imani knew that her mother fucked the judge. Imani was only happy she got to stay in the house because it made her feel closer to her dad, but she's not happy with the people who are in it. Which is, of course, her mother and her pervert ass husband name Michael. He walked in Imani's room and asked if they could talk.

She simply said, "No." He told her that he wanted to tell her some rules, and she looked at him and said, "You are living in my father's house and want to set rules?" She rolled her eyes and asked, "Where my mother?" He told her that she was out making bread, and Imani sat up kinda and said, "She left me in this house by myself with you?" He said, "I'm not going to hurt you."

She said, "I didn't care about that I just don't trust you." He said, "Well we just have a long way to process, okay?" She didn't reply to that statement. She hated Michael and didn't trust him. She asked if he could get out so she can change while getting out the bed.

He said, "We'll come downstairs after you get done so you can know the rules." She didn't reply she just walked over to her closet and pulled some pants. She had her back turned facing him and could feel his eyes looking at her ass. She looked back at him and said, "Okay bye." She laid her pants on her bed.

When he closed her door and left she hurried and went to lock her door. She grabbed a suitcase and started to pack her clothes. She was running because she didn't want to stay with them. Imani knew Michael was gone try some slick shit because when she was younger he used to try to touch her all the time. And every time she told her mom she wouldn't believe her, so she wasn't taking any risk of living there or giving them a chance.

After Michael left Imani's room trying to be nice or whatever he made his way downstairs. His wife Mariah walked in the house high as fuck and said, "Bae?" He asked, "Where my money?" She told him to lower his voice because Imani was upstairs. He didn't give any fucks.