Chapter 3

"Yeah!" Flug screamed as he drove passed cars.

The sun was out, the sky was blue, and the road led to his freedom. The sounds of his wheels running on the pavement. It made him giddy and plain happy. The light before him turned red. He didn't want to stop.

"No, not now!" Flug smiled and pressed a blue button on the right handle.

The motorcycle elevated into the air and morphed wings. Bystanders watched in amazement as Flug's motorcycle rose into the air. They pulled out their phones to videotape and gasped in amazement.

"Yeaaaah!" Flug screamed flying past bystanders.

This was what freedom was. Flug felt tears escaped his eyes and gather at the bottom of his goggles. He raised his hand and wiped them away, not giving them a second thought. Flug's smile grew bigger as a bright yellow building caught his attention.

"Bingo" Flug grinned pressing the blue button once more. He got close to the ground and landed with the grin still on his face.

The building was around twenty floors high and gave off a warm welcome. Hopfully the people inside will also provide that. Flug turned into the buildings parking and turned off his motorcycle. Flug sat at his motorcycle for a moment.

"Am I really doing this? Who even knows if they'll even consider it. Maybe I should just go back." Flug bit his lip his whispers silencing his thoughts. He reached back to the key and tu-

"Flug? Flug Slys?"

Flug immediately pulled back his hand. The figure before him stared at him in full shock.

"Oh uh...hi bro. L-long time no s-see." Flug awkwardly laughed.

His brother pulled back his arms. Flug tensed and closed his eyes. Soft. Warm. Something he hadn't felt in so long. Flug opened his eyes and realized his brother was hugging him.

"You fucking idiot! You're okay! You're-you're-" Flug felt liquid stain his shirt.

"I'm?" Flug said before hugging his brother.

"You're back."

>>><<<
5.0.5 felt himself start to hyperventilate. He couldn't find his papa anywhere. He rushed back into his papa's lab and whined louder. The tray of food in his paws was dropped. 5.0.5 ran out of the lab and into the living room.

He whined as he turned over furniture and things. Maybe his papa was just playing hide and seek with him. Yeah that's it!

5.0.5 ran out of he living room and to the study, no. Kitchen, no. Backyard, no. Front lawn, no. Guest rooms, no.

5.0.5 was running out of places to look and air to breath. He scrambled to Dementia's room. The lizard girl was in the middle of spray painting. She frowned and pulled down her mask.

"What is it?" She questioned setting down the purple spray paint.

5.0.5 rushed past her and searched her room. "Hay! You stupid bear! Quit it! What are you looking for?"

5.0.5 loudly whined and rushed out the door. Dementia crossed her arms before sighing and running after him. 5.0.5 dismissed her chasing after him and made way to another room. A room he has never been in. Well a room none of them have ever been in let alone seen.

5.0.5 gulped and knocked on the door. No response. Dementia scoffed and pushed past the shaking bear.

She knocked, "Doc! Your sons having a panic attack!"

No response.

She knocked harder, "Doc, come on! Quit playin'!"

Her smiled faltered as no response came.

She full on pounded, "Flug come on! Quit it! 5.0.5 is going to have a panic attack!"

...no response.

Dementia growled and slammed open the door. 5.0.5 burst into tears and fell to the floor at the sight. Dementia stepped into the room glass cracking under her shoes. She backed out of the room and ran to Black Hat's office.

Dementia knocked on Black Hat's door. A silent "Come in" was heard. Dementia burst in and gripped Black Hat's arm.

Black Hat stood and threw the girl off. "Don't touch me. Now what the fuck is the matter now?" Black Hat growled.

Dementia stood anger and sadness replacing her cheerful aura. "F-Flug he-"

Black Hat walked past her and in the direction of Flug's room. Black Hat felt something was off but he couldn't pinpoint what. But now he might have an idea what it was.

When Black Hat first rounded the corner 5.0.5 was crying into his paws. Black Hat scoffed and walked closer. The aura of 5.0.5 was a mess. Anger, sadness, confusion, and was that...betrayal?

Black Hat walked past the bear and into the room. Glass crunched under his shoes. Black Hat felt himself become tense at the sight. The place was a mess that sent confusion and something else down his spine.

Black Hat took more steps in to find model airplanes in pieces.

"What is that?" An eyebrow quirked as he spoke.

"Oh hello Jefecito! This is a model airplane!" He spoke so cheerfully and passionately.

"It looks...interesting." He said getting closer to examine it.

Black Hat reached down and picked up the pieces. He pushed them back together and watched as they pieced themselves back together. He set the model down on a wooden dresser before moving forward.

A picture of Flug and Dementia shattered and torn lay before him.

"Hello, welcome to your new life!" Flug enthusiastically said.

Dementia cowered back in the room. "Please don't be afraid!" Flug said extending his hand.

"We're family now! Right Jefecito?"

Black Hat stared at Flug before turning back to the girl. He grunted before nodding. Dementia smiled a bit before taking Flug's gloved hand.

Black Hat picked up the picture and fixed it up. Dementia, back when she was first made, wore a sweater, sweatpants and had her hair in a ponytail. Flug wore the same thing he always wore except his eyes looked more...lively.

Black Hat set the photo on the bed and walked on. A crack sounded through the room. He looked down. His eyes caught sight of a picture of him, Flug, and 5.0.5.

"Good job 5.0.5!" Flug said clapping before picking up the cub.

"Can you get rid of that?" Black Hat scowled.

Flug turned to him frowning. "No! He's my son!"

Black Hat face palmed, "you didn't birth the thing Flug!"

Flug frowned again, "I know but he's still my son. And technically speaking he's also your son."

"How is that?" Black Hat questioned, now glaring at his scientist.

"He has your DNA plus mine. So there!" Flug said a smirk clearly present on his hidden face.

Black Hat felt something in his chest, "whatever!" He huffed.

Black Hat picked up the photo. Flug looked so happy. Black Hat gently placed the photo in his coat pocket. Black Hat looked back at the door. Dementia sat next to 5.0.5 rubbing the bears back.

Black Hat felt something in him ache. Ache for...he couldn't exactly tell, but it made him angry and...upset.