Harry starts working with Hogwarts

Harry Potter after Hogwarts had decided he wanted to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, deciding instead to live out in the woods in a slight larger than average (3 floors to be exact) cottage with his with Luna. He had no kids though both him and Luna desired having a family when they were maybe a little older and had definitely planned well enough with extra rooms.

While normally at this time Harry would have been with the Aurors having once been head of his department, he was still recovering from an injury during his job that had left him feeling much too old (though he was reminded several times by Ron they were only 30) to continue and had quit. So now he spent his lazy July morning out on his porch with his wife Luna. She worked as a novelist and was well known and used by Hogwarts Herbology teacher Neville Longbottom quite a lot keeping them in good money when also paired with Harry's still large fortune. Harry looked among the trees enjoying the tea Luna had made him while they silently enjoyed each others presence.

Luna finally spoke a while later, "Harry dear, as I've been told by Neville the schools looking for a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Why not take the job?" Harry thought about before concluding that this might be a good opportunity for him but sighed and looked over at his wife.

"McGonnagall hasn't contacted me dear. I'm afraid the jobs isn't open for me, it's almost September. I doubt she'd even want me as a teacher." Luna sighed at her husband,

"Thought you'd say that..."

"And?"

"And so I sent a letter this morning, we should hear back from her at some point in the next week," she smiled at her husband, "you're welcome dear." She kissed him on the cheek as she went in the house. Harry shook his head smiling. Of course Luna did something like that, his wife was utterly insane. And he loved her for it. Harry stood grabbing his cane, the aforementioned injury had left him with a cane and a large white patch in his beard. Rather than shave his beard like Ron had told him, Harry wore the white with pride. Knowing it made him look more approachable.

Once inside he was meet by his wife happily listening to Cherri, their Phoenix, singing. He always loved how comforting her song was. He put his mug in the sink and came over. He had decided to argue his point of having to work for Hogwarts with his wife.

"If I'm accepted and go who will watch Minerva, Albus, Severus, Sirius, and Lupin?" Referring to his Thestrals he had been breeding. His wife sighed,

"Me of course, you're not the only who can look after them." She gave him a kiss then sighed and looked at her hiking bag, "I have to go to scope out more animals and plants dear, it is my job after all. Don't forget Ron's coming over with Hermione later, they're  bringing the twins." Harry smiled at he as she went, assuring her he'd get the sitting room ready and bid her goodbye. He hadn't seen Rose and Randis since before his injury. He arraigned the sitting room so the Harbingers of destruction couldn't destroy anything glass or get at Cherri's tail feathers.

It was only a moment after that was complete did Hermione and Ron show up greeting Harry with the kids looking at him obviously getting ready to ask Uncle Harry as he was called for a story. Harry got everyone inside and sitting before the children started to question him.

"Why aren't you an Auror anymore?" Was the first thing out of Rose's mouth, before Hermione could correct her in what was appropriate Harry answered,

"Because I was getting much too old to go on as one."

"Does that mean dad is too old?" Was what followed his answer from Randis. Harry then smiled at him as well.

"No, not at all. People get too old for things at their own paces. I dare say Ron won't be too old for a long time." Rose and Randis were about to ask something else when Minerva, thankfully the nicest Thestral, entered the room. With the special collar on the Thestrals he owned even people who hadn't seen someone's demise could easily see the thestrals. Rose and Randis ran after he almost immediately and Minerva led them out to the backyard were they could safely play with her.

"Harry I swear you're starting to sound like Dumbledore." Was what Ron laughed out. Harry smiled.

"Only 30 and already sounding very wise, a feat very few achieve." With that all of them laughed. They continued in pleasant conversation peeking at the children every so often until a hoot and click came from the window. Ron got up first and opened the window for the black owl to fly into and it dropped a letter in front of Harry. He picked it up and Hermione was the first to speak.

"Hey that looks like Minerva's owl." Both her and Ron looked at him curiously as he opened the letter and read aloud,

Dear Mr.Potter

The letter sent by your wife to me has thoroughly convince me that you will be a great Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for Hogwarts. I would love if you'd be willing to accept my offer of being the teacher. You will be provided with Headquarters and adequate living space for you and any pets or family members you chose to bring along. Please send me a letter with your response and if the response is a positive please put down a time I can meet with you so the two of us can discuss in further detail your teaching.

               Sincerely, Headmistress McGonnagall

Harry looked at his friends smiles and he asked Hermione if she'd be kind enough to get him a quill and some parchment from his study. She knew the exact room and got up to go fetch it for him. Ron smiled at Harry from his seat and spoke,

"Harry, you've got to take the job. You'll be amazing! From what I remember, you're an amazing teacher!" Ron beamed as Harry shook his head.

"Of course I'm taking the job Ron, I need something to do during the year that can be counted as a job. And I'm sure many kids will be telling their parents that their teacher is the famous Harry Potter." Hermione joined them and smiled when Harry explained to her as well that he'd be taking the job. He started the letter to Headmistress Minerva as Hermione spoke about how amazing it'd be for Harry to teach at Hogwarts and how he'd someday have the twins, to which Harry joked of early retirement. Harry sent the letter and sat back down as the twins ran back in, no doubt for a snack and story as Minerva had tired.