i

major lilywhite, if you went to bellevue high school, you knew this name, madeline lilywhite, not so much

even after graduating, everyone knew who major lilywhite was. he was the school's best athlete, winning a total of 6 championships for the school during his time there. every athlete at bellevue aspired to beat him, but no one ever seemed to succeed.

madeline lilywhite was his little sister, though she went unrecognized. of course people could easily put two and two together by just looking at the last names or the multiple similarities the two shared, no one seemed to care. yes, there were some who did figure it out, and they were astonished. how could this scrawny bookworm be related to the major lilywhite? nonetheless, they were.

"earth to madi! madi?! madeline!" ellen said, snapping her fingers in front of madeline's face to get her attention.

"what?!" madeline asked, worriedly, looking up from her food tray of slop.

"are you coming to the boat party tonight or what?" ellen repeated herself, and madeline shrugged.

"madeline, c'mon! it'll be so much fun, besides you could really use a good party," madeline's other friend, jocelyn, insisted.

"i have to study," madeline stated, bluntly, then shoved a fork full of slop into her mouth.

"all you do is study, just this one time, come hang out with us!" ellen pleaded.

"i have an algebra test tomorrow, i have to prepare," madeline said.

"bullshit! you're not in algebra this year, you took that last year!" jocelyn yelled, startling the others.

"please just come with us! please!" ellen said, relentlessly.

"fine," madeline quietly groaned.

"yay!" ellen smiled. the school bell rang and the group of three got up and dumped their trays. ellen turned and bumped into a tall figure, stumbling backwards a bit.

"ellen, watch where you're going," jocelyn exclaimed, catching ellen.

"sorry!" ellen shrieked, and looked up to see she bumped into a girl who was older than them, but not too old. the girl stumbled a bit, nodded the three girls, then walked off.

"who the hell was that?" asked jocelyn.

"ms. charles, she's a new teacher here," madeline answered, then shrugged.

"how do you know that?" ellen asked as the three started heading to their lockers.

"her sister is my brother's fiancé's best friend, so i've met her like twice, and major told me she was starting here," madeline quickly said, as jocelyn furrowed her eyebrows.

"oh um, okay then?" jocelyn responded in more of a question.

"see you girls at the party tonight!" ellen shouted, and turned down a separate hallway.

"jocelyn?! ellen?!" madeline screamed. the boat was on fire, people were going crazy, losing their minds. people were like, eating each other. madeline had lost her two friends after using the bathroom and coming out to this boat of living hell.

madeline saw someone she recognized, but it wasn't jocelyn or ellen, it was her brother's fiancé, liv.

"liv? liv!" madeline screamed. liv turned, worriedly, at the call of her name, and in that instant, a man with bleach blond hair had come up behind liv and scratched her arm. after doing so the man pushed her off of the boat and into the water.

madeline woke up, upon the water's edge. the last thing she remembered was liv gotten thrown off of the boat. she looked around and saw a few ambulances, the police, a firetruck, just about everything and everyone needed in this type of situation. she felt a slight pain in her left ankle. she rolled up her pant leg to find her ankle baring a giant scratch.