Chapter Fourteen. Going Too Fast

"Melody!" Athenodora said while running to her daughter and embracing her in a tightly. Melody embraced het mother back, feeling slightly guilty for leaving. "Is father angry?" Melody asked her mother softly so only they could hear it. "Not anymore. He mostly missed you." Athenodora whispered back and kissed her daughter's cheek. Melody nodded her head and looked at Caius as Athenodora released her. Caius had a stern look on his face before pulling his daughter in a rare embrace. "Never scare us like that again, child." he whispered, no longer feeling angry but just happy is daughter had returned. "I won't. I promise." Melody whispered back and pulled away from her father's embrace. "But I refuse to live in the tower. Yes I know the risk is high that I will be killed, but I rather die while fighting than die when hiding." Melody said, looking into her fathers crimson eyes. Caius felt like protesting but Athenodora placed her hand on his arm and shook her head. Caius sighed softly in defeat and nodded his head in agreement. "Very well then." Melody smiled. "Thank you, father." Caius nodded his head once more. "Just be carefull." "I always am." Melody replied reassuring her father as Alec moved foreward and wrapped an arm gently around her waist. Melody looked up at him and smiled. She felt back at home here in Volterra, but mostly home back in Alec's arms.

"And maybe we could hold the ceremony in the gardens of the castle?" Alec spoke softly while running his hand up and down Melody's bare back. Alec and Melody just made up for five years of no intimacy and Melody was resting her head on his bare chest while laying in his bed. "Hmm" was her response while playing with his Volturi necklace. Melody didn't really feel like talking wedding plans. It still left a knot in her stumache, like she would be a prisoner. At the time that Alec proposed, Melody had been in a pink bubble and couldn't think straight. Now in those five years away from Alec she had plenty of time to think, and marriage just simply scared her. Alec gently kissed her head as the morning sun slowly peaked through the half closed curtains and their skins started to sparkle. Melody watched her hand sparkle gently in the morning sun while still playing with Alec's necklace. Alec grabbed her hand where her engagementring was placed on and stroked it with his thumb. Melody watched him as he slowly kissed her hand. "My beautifull soon to be bride." He whispered before pressing his lips gently to hers. Melody kissed back but didn't really share is enthusiasm about their wedding. Melody just wanted things to go slowly. Alec pulled away and laid back down, pulling Melody closer to his body. "Aro said he can arrange any wedding we'd like within a month. Anything you want." He said. "Anything?" Melody asked. Alec nodded and kissed her head. "Anything." he reassured. Melody sighed and sat up. "Time." Alec frowned. "Time?" "Yes. Time. I don't want to rush our wedding." Melody said, avoiding his gaze. "Don't you want to be married as soon as we can, now that we haven't seen eachother in five years? I wish for nothing else, to finally be able to fully call you mine. To bind myself to you in any way possible." Alec said, he had sat up and kissed Melody's bare shoulder softly. "It's just going too fast for me. I need time to prepare myself." Melody said while grabbing his hand. "Please?" she pleaded. Alec sighed softly but kissed her cheek while wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. "Very well. I have waited for over a millenium to marry you. I guess I can wait a few more months or years." he said, giving in to her plea. Melody smiled and kissed him softly. Alec smiled and kissed back, laying back down and pulling her ontop of him, sharing a few more hours of love with eachother.