Chapter 16

"L-Licht,Tetsu..?!" Mahiru screeched,as he immediately stood back up from his spot that he fell from, and subconsciously rubbed the bump on his head, and de-summoned his broom.

  Mikuni was still on the ground,sitting cross legged as he observed the scene,whistling casually.

"Licht!Tetsu!" Mahiru exclaimed,as he high-fived each of them,relieved that he found them,even though they were separated a few hours ago by a certain pink-haired magician.

"Great,now I've gotta hold this coffin.." Tetsu mumbled to himself while eyeing his coffin, which made Mahiru raise his eyebrow because he couldn't really hear what he said.

"What?"

"Nothing,Mahiru-San," Tetsu covered his tracks up, which made Mahiru even more confused,but he just shrugged it off.

  Mikuni grinned,now knowing that there were more Eves, and that he was finally not alone.

  All he needed to find now was Misono and Izuna.

  "I thought we were goners when Belkia separated the three of us away!"

"I was the only one alone, and I tried to search for you but just decided to wait by the fountain over there," Mahiru pointed at the fountain.

  But all Tetsu and Licht could see were a bunch of hooded-people who looked like rogue assassins to them, because hey,they were in a timeline where assassins could exist.

  Tetsu pointed at them,along with Licht,and he asked,"Who's that? No wait,let me rephrase that. Who are they?"

  Mahiru and Mikuni turned towards who they were looking at, and gulped down the lump that was itching at the back of their throats, now realising that they weren't alone.

  Mikuni grabbed onto Tetsu's one hand that wasn't carrying the coffin that was perched on his shoulder, even though it seemed like a normal person's shoulder would crack under the weight.

  Mahiru took Licht's,as the both of them guided the newcomers left, where there was a gap between two buildings.

  They picked up the pace and ran,making the two confused newcomers be inevitably forced to run with their legs and feet.

  "What are we running for-?!" Licht demanded for answers as he tried to match and catch up to the pace Mahiru was running so that he wouldn't trip over.

  Mahiru tried to catch his breath,but continued to run as he warned,"They're dangerous,that's all I can say for now!"

  "How exactly?" Tetsu questioned while he was still running, Mikuni had already let go of him and allowed him to run at his own pace as he knew holding his hand would only slow the blonde down.

  "Ask Mikuni that!" Mahiru replied,which made Mikuni chuckle sheepishly.

  "Can't we just bring them down?!There's more of us, and from my perspective when I saw them, there were about 5 or 6,and we have our leads!" Licht was irritated that they were running away.

  They were running away and not fighting them.

  An angel wouldn't run away from demons,he would fight them.

  Mahiru groaned as he replied,"Look,Licht! We have no idea what abilities or what can they do,and we don't even know if they are human or not!"

"THE Mikuni's running away from them,so it's serious!"

  "What do you mean by that,MahiMahi?!" Mikuni asked in exasperation,a bit angered that Mahiru said 'The' Mikuni.

  "Uh,nothing," Mahiru mumbled quietly,which irked Mikuni off.