L.A.X.

Beep beep beep.
I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on the night stand next to me. I grabbed it and answered the phone. "What?" I asked in a groggy tone. "Good morning. I take it I woke you?" Elijah. I could tell he was smirking.

"You did. What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes with my free hand. "Well love, it's almost 1 in the afternoon. I'm guessing you forgot that you're flying today?"

"Crap!" I gasped and jumped off of my bed. I ran to my closet and carried my small suitcase to the door. I was going to fly to New Orleans at 4, but I had to be at the airport at least an hour before or I miss the flight. "Well Kristen, call me when you get to the airport. I'll pick you up when you get here."

"Okay, thanks Elijah. I owe you one. Mwah." I said as I hung up. I threw my phone on my bed and ran to take a shower. Luckily I packed my suitcase last night. It was only a small suitcase anyways.

My hair was still wet so I grabbed my towel and wrapped my hair. I took a shower in less than 10 minutes. I put on a hoodie and jeans and my only pair of shoes.I have my apartment keys, phone, wallet, what else?

I opened the door of the hotel room and looked around the room for anything that I might be forgetting. Then I spotted empty blood bags, on the small table by the window, and my ring. I ran to take the bags.

I can't believe Adam forgot to take his stuff. I rolled my eyes and threw them in the trash, and I put on my ring. I really need to get a necklace because I'm always misplacing this thing.

I handed the hotel employee the keycard and walked out of the hotel. "Taxi!" I called as I raised my hand to catch the man in the bright yellow car's attention.
The taxi pulled over and I sat in the back.

"Where to miss?" The man with an accent asked.
"To the airport L.A.X please." I said as I put my hair in a ponytail. We arrived in less than 20 minutes. I checked my wallet and cursed under my breath.

"I only have 15 dollars." I said to the taxi guy. It wasn't a lie, the rest of my money was in my suitcase and I only had my card and a few coins in my wallet.He thought for a moment and he smiled. "Don't worry, I'll take it. Have a nice flight my dear."

"Oh,Thank you!" I hopped off of the taxi and ran to the airline I had to fly in. It was already 2:20 after I went through security and I waited for my flight.
-

"Welcome to New Orleans. We hope you enjoyed your flight with us." The captain said through the speaker. People clapped as we landed and I looked for my phone.

I looked out the window and dialed Elijah's number which I had memorized easily.
"Kristen, did you land already?" He asked. I smiled. "Yeah, just now. Where are you?" I asked as I walked out of the plane. "I'm right outside of the main entrance darling."

I searched around for the familiar green eyes through the crowds of people hugging each other or kissing their couple. I smiled as I spotted him and our eyes met in a split second. "Kristen Gilbert." He said as he chuckled and hugged me. His grip was tight and comforting and I rested my head on his chest.

I always felt safe in his arms and I never felt that way with anyone else

I always felt safe in his arms and I never felt that way with anyone else. He was like my home.
"How was California?" Elijah asked as he drove out of the airport. He had a black car with a luxurious interior. "It was great. The beach was gorgeous, I just couldn't take the heat." I laughed as I remembered the horrible sunburn I got when I was learning to surf.

"By the way, I got you a necklace, seeing as you always lose your ring." Elijah said as he handed me a small velvet bag. I took out the necklace and gasped. It had a purple gem in the center and white stones around it. "It's beautiful Eli thank you." I said as I grabbed his hand.

He smiled and held a tight grip on my hand, as if making sure I wouldn't let go. But I didn't let go.