Chapter 5: Fixing People's Mistakes

James looked at me, dropped Liu, got up, and sat on the settee, attempting to wipe his years away.

"Miranda, Demi, you, and Katrina went shopping after we showed you where the hotel was. I stayed here, waiting for Brad to call me.

"A guy came, definitely American, looked familiar, but I didn't know from where. He asked if I wanted information about my girlfriend, Miranda that 'I must see'. I said sure.

"We went on the website where he showed me the 'real' Miranda Lancaster. The American guy explained everything. I swear, I wanted to go, grab her, and slap her, but I retained myself. So when she came home, I dumped her."

"James, I read the article." I finally said.

"Aren't you convinced?"

"No. I know Miranda from all my life. We are practically sisters. She acts but never with love. She didn't fake her death, they faked hers. She does take refuge in me but that is because we have a strong bond."

"What about the one with her abusing cats?"

"James, I saw the picture. It was fake because I know Miranda, top to bottom. The person in that picture's eyes were different from the actual Miranda Lancaster. Miranda loves cats. Especially Liu and Mickey."

"Oh."

"It's fake celebrity gossip."

"I'll believe you. I must go talk to Miranda and apologize for being so gullible."

"Just remember, Miranda loves you."

"I know she does. Did you know they were looking for Brad? They have 'information' about you."

"What?!"

"I know. There's probably information about Kat and Demi."

"I hope not."

"Thank you so much." I got up and gave James a friendly hug.

"Your welcome. Now let's go get Miranda."

We walked upstairs and I saw Miranda, in the corner, bawling still.

"Miranda, may I speak to you?" James asked. Miranda did nothing.

"Brad, can I speak to you about something urgent, outside?" Brad followed me outside into the corridor.

"What happened? What to do you have to tell me?" Brad asked.

"Nothing. Just wanted to give them space and privacy to talk."

"Ahh. Mediator."

"Uh ha. I've got many talents you don't know about. I felt really bad for James."

"Me too. Did you see his arm?"

"Yes! It was so scary. Why would he do that?"

"He did it in front of me."

"What?!"

"What you heard."

"Why didn't you stop him?"

"Because I stopped him from drinking."

"What was he trying to drink?"

"Vodka, tequila, rum, and wine mixed together. He said he wanted a 'strong' taste."

"Ew."

"I came in and he was on the floor, near the window. A few seconds later, he got up, grabbed Liu, and returned to his poison. He was stroking her like a creepy, maniac, crazy cat lady. Then he attempted to drink, which I already told you. He didn't even drop the cat. Lastly he grabbed the small kitchen knife and made small incisions in his arm. And again, didn't let go of Liu."

"That really is creepy. Did you see the article?"

"Yeah."

"Apparently there is one about me."

"I would never want to see it. I confide in you."

"Thanks." I hugged him. And we kissed. I looked at my watch. It was fifteen minutes until sound check. "Damnit! We are going to be late for sound check!!" I let Brad go.
"You get James and Miranda and I'll get the others." I nodded and barged in. Miranda was in James' arms. "Sorry to interrupt but we are going to be late for sound check!" Miran and James exchanged shocked looks. "Don't sit around! Lets go!" They got up and we ran.

We got to sound check with seconds to spare. Katrina and I did our sound check and then watched the Vamps do theirs.

When we were done, we went back to the hotel. I went to go take a shower to get ready for tonight. I was singing because its my only time alone to rehearse. I felt someone enter the bathroom. Then, I felt the curtains move. When I looked behind me, my darling Bradley was there. I moved towards him and we began to kiss. I felt that ardent passion as we kissed.

After we showered, we began getting dress. But that call changed everything.

"Tammy, I'm at the emergency room with Toby. He fell down the stairs and he is in critical condition. I am with Natalie as well. Brenda is with Toni, dad, and Julie. They don't think he can make it." Before I could respond, my phone died. I began to break down.

"What happened, love? Who was that?"

"It was Tallia." I began to cry. "Toby fell down the stairs. He's delicate. He's in the emergency room."

"What?" He began to break down.

"What you heard."

"When Toby gets out, the twins are going to stay with Natalie or your dad or my parents. And so is Tallia. "

"That depends if he gets out."

"Don't say that Tammy! He is going to get out alive!"

"We have to know the reality and probability of this, Brad!" Brad sat down on my bed. I was in my pants and bra. I didn't have my shirt on.

"Who was she with?"

"Natalie and by hearing, Harry."

"I don't like that boy. He is trouble."

"I don't have the right to judge Tallia's love life. If she loves him, that is all what matters. If he does something to her, it's her fault."

"I can't wait till Toby recovers."

"That's if he recovers."

"Stop Tammy." I sat beside him. "Just get ready. We have a show in two hours." I grabbed my shirt and put it on.