34

Jacob's pov

"Run!"

"Fuck- fucking RUN!!!!!!!!!" I yell on the top of my lungs.

Okay, back up, two days ago when Sarah, a few Runners, and I went out early morning to scavenge. Love, hope, miracles; we believed they exist.

"So about Troye," Sarah says, entering one of our old stadiums.

"Mhm," I hum.

"He's been through a lot." She comments, gun in hand as she looks around with me.

We corner into the valley of the unit and shine our flashlights in. Empty.

"I know that." I mutter.

"He's strong... but is he strong enough? To defeat this?" She asks.

"Sir, is now the time to talk about this?" George questions.

I turn back and glare at him, "Shut your mouth."

"Of course he's strong enough." I respond a bit snippily.

"He's my love, he's strong enough."

"Why does he show me his wrists when he's lost?"

A loud siren and we freeze, our skin immediately crawling. The lights flood the field and the blarring of speakers fill our ears.

"Dear citizens of The Crusaders, for too long our streets have been taken in claim. You've sacrificed our men, our family, and our blood as your own. You've taken blood that isn't your own and taken it into custody." Is announced.

We all look at each other in fear, scared to move a muscle.

"We've tolerated your doing for too long and cleaned up the mess. Well no more as of today, you will be stripped of your identities and taken as our own. Anything you hold dear in life, for it is your fault if they are sacrificed. Your children will be left to rot as punishment for your indiscretion."

"And the lives you have lived until now will be nothing but a memory, this is for the future."

"Welcome to the new fallout. Welcome to the new future."

"Welcome... to the end."