Reunions

-Essix POV-

You know how when you just start to wake up, and you just feel...I don't know... Not good? You have that bad taste in your mouth, and you just don't want to open your eyes, let alone get up?

That's how I feel, right now.

I groaned and pushed my face further into the comfy mattress.

Go away, light, I want to sleeeeep.

'Light' didn't answer, nor comply.

Booooooo! Boo to you, light!

"Stupid light," I mumbled. Then I heard a chuckle, and I froze. It was a deep rumble coming from next to me. What the squat?! Who was in my bed? Oh no. What did I do now?

I drowsily looked up, to be greeted with the most beautiful man-creature this world was ever blessed with. He sat leaned up against the headboard, looking down on my huddled frame, and he was smiling at me. His eyes glinted with something I couldn't quite identify, but I couldn't look away.

Levon.

Memories of last night came flooding back to me, and suddenly I was happy. Why?

1) Peter may be wherever I am.

2) I get to be by Levon, the hottest dude alive. Though I would never, ever admit that.

3) I get to kick some serious ass.

This will be an adventure.

Your surroundings are your battleground, and you fight with what you have. At times my dad's voice does come in handy, but not a lot.

I sat up, across from Levon but I kept my distance. I checked my waistband, and found that he must have taken my knives. I almost laughed when I found that he left me with a ninja star (in my bra) and two bull tranquilizers (taped to my thigh).

Idiot.

"Hello." My voice was calm, but he still looked at me like I had a squirrel coming out of my ear. "What?" I asked, as he continued to stare at me like I was a mental patient.

"It's just, well, most girls that are freshly kidnapped, well, they don't wake up and say a nice 'hello' to the guy  in an unfamiliar bed with them." His reply made me smile but I don't really know why.

With little thought to my answer, I said "Well if I did something you were expecting, you would have already predicted  it and it would be easier for you to lie, and/or react." my brilliant line was followed by a resounding chuckle, then silence. All the while he just stared at me, smiling.

"Are you a virgin?"

After the initial shock of the random question, his words sunk in. The thoughts of 'virginity' (etc.) brought up feelings I did not welcome. "Who are you to ask that?" I snapped, and he looked toward me not only shocked, but slightly annoyed.

"Sorry I was thinking out loud. Are you hungry?" He changed the subject, which I was grateful for.

"Sure" I wasn't actually going to eat his food/ his gangs food, but it will give me a chance to scope out the place. Maybe I'll even find Peter. That slight glimmer of hope for finding my lost friend helped me to follow Levon from the room. The very idea of seeing Peter again made me smile. It's been a while and I missed the way Peters hugs felt and how he could always make me laugh.

Thinking of Peter, though, made a pang of hurt run through my heart as immediately images of Levon traced through my head. I have no idea why because I barely knew him and being around Peter should make me happy. Levon had absolutely nothing to do with it, right?

  Amidst my wondering a, Levon led me out of the huge room to what looked like a hotel hallway. See, I have noticed all hotels look the same, unordinary lighting, strange and patterned carpet, that same weird smell. So I'm guessing that his gang lives in an abandoned hotel or something. I did observe that it was a nice place, decorations littered the wide halls and there were no holes in the walls (that I had seen).  A few chandeliers hung from the ceiling, and expensive looking art covered the walls.

  I was grateful he didn't keep me in a dirty room with bad lighting and poor wall colors. He led me to a huge kitchen with pretty tiles and marble countertops. Like the rest of the house, it was ginormous and fancy. I had not seen a door to the outside on the way here, though I wish I had. It would have made an escape not only extremely possible, but easy.

"What do you want?" he looked back at me as he turned his attention to the monstrous refrigerator.

"Anything wo-" I was interrupted. I heard a faint cry, and that familiar voice came to mind.

Threat, threat, threat, threat! It chanted, it was directed toward Levon.

The cry was low, obviously male, and it was pain, easy-to-identify-pain. Levon turned to me almost immediately, probably checking to see if I heard it.

  His eyes went wide as I leaped from my chair and bounded to the door across the large room.  I had the element of surprise working for me and Levon didn't react fast enough. I made it to the thick door and turned the knob. The room must have been soundproof, because as soon as the door was opened the screams of pain were almost ear-bursting.

  It wasn't really a room, rather a staircase, so I ran down them as fast as my not-so-sleepy legs could carry me. By then, Levon was close behind me, and it scared me.  I sprinted around a corner to reveal...a dungeon. wait- DUNGEON? Who owns a dungeon?!

  I located the screaming and it was coming from a cell off to the right, as I neared it I began to recognize who it was.

Peter.

Peter was in pain.

Someone was causing Peter pain.

Peter was a close friend of mine, more of a brother and I loved him, in a brotherly way. The cell door was open, and he was tied to a metal chair in the center of the confined room. Two extremely muscular and gruff looking men stood above him, one cutting open Peter's chest.

  I was about to lunge at them, to tear their throats out, to gut them, when two thick arms snaked across my waist. Levon forcefully pulled me away, much to my dismay.

  I leaned my head forward, before throwing it back, hitting Levon square in the throat. His grip around my waist loosened, allowing me to elbow him in the gut.

  I ran at Peter's chair again, and within minutes there were two men on the ground, bull tranquilizers in their necks.

  I leaned over Peter's chair so I was in his line of sight.

"Essix? What are you doing here?! It's dangerous, and I disagree with your actions. " I hugged his bare, bloody chest close to me.

"I'm so glad you're okay" he pulled back just enough to see my face.

"You look awful! What happened?! Who hurt you?!?!" this man knew me too well, my (internal) wounds were still raw from the whole (rape) thing, and I guess he saw it.

"I'm fine really Peter it's fi-"

"YOU TWO KNOW EACH OTHER?!" Levon boomed. "he's part of Sinbad's gang..WAIT! HAS SINBAD KIDNAPPED YOU BEFORE??"

"Sinbad didn't kidnap me you nincompoop! You did!" Poor Peter looked utterly and completely confused.

"Please let me bandage up Peter and we'll talk about this later?" Levon looked distressed, obviously choosing sides, but he nodded his head anyways. Well, he did so after I gave him a glare and my best puppy-dog look.

  I unbuckled Peter from the cold metal chair, and put his arm around my shoulder. Together, we limped toward the stairs. We were almost there, Levon trailing behind when I heard a voice, a weak, fragile call.

"Essix?"

Hello to you too, Nick.