one

Wesley

my life was a blur a lot of the times. i guess it was just easier to see blurred than clear. that way you couldn't see how fucked up everything is.

"wes! come down here!" my fathers voice bellowed from downstairs and i puffed out the smoke i took in my lungs. i took one last long puff of my cigarette before flicking it out into the bush next to our house and climbing back into my room.

"what took you so long, girl? get me another beer, won't cha'?" he grunts from where he was sitting, in his armchair in the living room and i get his beer without a word. ive learned its best not to oppose my dad when he's plastered. he ends up saying things he probably doesn't mean and doing things he probably shouldn't.

he's fucked up all the time. so i've just learned to stay quiet.

"and stop looking so grim, girl, your depressing me." he tilts the beer against his lips a few drops spilling past them as he finishes off yet another bottle of beers.

"how was school?" he ask, a chuckle, one induced by the alcohol, slipping past his lips right after.

i only sigh, and lean against the wall crossing my arms. "i finished school last year, dad."

"you did? wow, when did that happen? time sure does fly.." he says, more talking to himself than me.

i've grown used to him forgetting thing easily. its in the family, the forgetfulness, but his was only worse because of that awful liquid in the glass container.

"im going out." i mumble, hoping he doesn't want to continue this conversation any longer and just leave me alone.

"yea, you do that." he mumbles past his drunk lips as i chuck on my overly used jean jacket and get out of there.

i need to get away right now. at least for a little.