Chapter 1

As I walk in the hallways everyone is saying hi to me.

"Hey Kaitlyn"

"Hey"

I wave back to them and walk into my first class, as I do there he is Conner Mitchel. The schools hockey, and baseball star. I walk towards him, and he wraps his hand around my waist.

"Hey Kate, how's your morning so far?"

"Better now"

I lean in to kiss him and he does the same. Before our lips begin to touch, only an inch away the bell rings, or so I thought. The buzzing of my alarm clock on my phone was blaring and I realized it was just a dream. I grab my phone and turn it off. I payed in bed for few more minutes until I have to get ready.

As I get out of bed, I can see my dog jumping around indicating the she needs to go outside. I go to the kitchen and open the patio door. I walk back in and start to make myself some cereal. I wasn't a huge fan of having extravagant meals everyday, but then again I didn't like having a lot of extravagant things. I'm more of live life while you can.

After I'm done I jump in the shower and get ready for the school day. I throw on a pair of jeans, a tank and a sweater. I don't put on a lot of makeup just some mascara and concealer and I'm ready for school. I grabbed my car keys and left. Both of my parents work at hospitals. My mother is radiologist, and my father is a doctor. With both of their jobs being so demanding they're not home a lot.

As I get to the school parking lot, I park next to my best friend Emmalee. We've been best friends ever since I can remember. As I get out of my car and knock on her window telling her to hurry up she jumps.

"Dammit Kate, you scared me"

"Well if you weren't so addicted to your phone, maybe you wouldn't have been scared."

"Oh come on, I was talking to Taylor about the party Friday night."

"I thought we were going to hang out?"

"I know, but he asked me out, maybe you can come with?"

"You know I don't do parties."

"Come on Kate, this is your senior year and you've never been to a party, please just let me take you to one, please?" Emmalee looked at me with her hands together begging me to go with her.

I rolled my eyes "Ugh fine, but just this once."

"Oh my god, yes! You're going to have a blast there, and what are you going to wear...."

As Emm kept talking about Friday night I just shook my head and laughed. We walked to our first class and there was Conner. I looked at him, even though I knew he wasn't going to talk to me, while he was there with his friends, I did anyway. Conner was the schools star. Every guy wants to be him and every girl wants to be with him. They call him a player around so I try to be careful, but I have to admit I do have a bit of a crush on him.

Our English teacher walked in as the bell rang.

"Good morning class, so this year we're going to try something new and shake it up. We're going to let you pick out of a selection of books to read for your English project."

Ms.Anderson talked about how this project will be done in groups and how we're drawing our partners name. As she came up to me, I pulled out the slip of paper that had the name Patrick on it. Patrick was Conners go to guy about everything, I wasn't to concerned about but still. After that she made us go up to our new partner and discuss what book we wanted to read.

"So I was thinking that maybe we can read 'A Tale of Two Cities'"

I looked at him in shock "Sure sounds good."

After I say that Patrick goes right back to talking with Conner and I move back to my original seat. The rest of the school day went by fast. Emmalee was coming over later so I could help with her math homework. As she walks in she didn't have any of her books with her.

" Umm Emm where are your books at?"

She looks at me confused at first then smiles "Oh I already finished my math problems."

"Then what are you doing here."

"Well today's Thursday, we gotta pick out what you're going to wear to the party tomorrow."

I immediately rolled my eyes "Can't this wait till tomorrow"

"No! You gotta be prepared"

As Emm went upstairs to go through my closet I look over at my phone and see that Patrick messaged me.

Hey Kaitlyn. So I was thinking that maybe after we read the book and all we should go over everything and make sure we're on the same page

Sounds good. I replied back. I put my phone in my back pocket and walk ip to my room and see that Emm has already got outfits put together for me. As we narrow it down to shorts, a tee and a red and black flannel, she leaves and tells me that she'll be back tomorrow. I walk her out and wave bye to her as she backs out of the driveway. I then go upstairs and start reading I slowly start to drift to sleep, and eventually pass out and start dreaming again.