On the Run

I lay awake on the floor, we're all spread out across the room. James is in the corner by the boarded up window and Ellis is in the other corner, I lay near a wall and James lays across the room from me. Rory lays by the door, whimpering. Was it a nightmare? I don't know. I just can't sleep with what happened tonight. How am I supposed to? It was terrifying. I sighed and closed my eyes, burying my face in my sweatshirt (that I had turned into a pillow), and fell asleep.

"Come on! Get up"! I am shaken awake by Mason. "Get up! We gotta go"! I get up and put on my hoodie and quickly get up. James has Rory sleeping on his back as he stomps down the steps. I follow behind Mason and we go down the steps and out the back door. Ellis swerves the car on the road and James quickly puts Rory in the backseat, as he climbs in through the window into the car. Kind of like Bo Duke. I jogged over to the car and slid in, "they found us, we gotta get outta here"! Ellis yelled, putting the car in drive and stomping on the gas. We speed down the road and turn.

"Where are we going"? I asked, buckling myself up. Rory shakes her head and looks around, "We have to get out of this state, that's for one". I nodded and Ellis handed my switchblade back to me. "You're gonna need it". I nodded and Mason turned around, "they are literally following us".

James's eyes widened, "What"? Rory turned and looked, "They are right behind us"! Ellis panicked, "I am petal to the metal guys"! I sighed and heard the car go even faster. He swerved and we turned into a Walmart parking lot, speeding through and going around back and parking in the bushes. "What are we-" "Shush"! Ellis told Rory as a blue camrie passes us. "We'll wait for five minutes and then go"? Mason suggests, "yeah". James says. I huddle back against my seat and take a few deep breaths. "Brodie, are you alright"? Rory asks as I close my eyes for a second.

"Just a little startled, guys, sorry". I say, opening my eyes again. "Okay, Rory get your clothes out and you'll change in here. We're gonna leave you in here, once your done...met us in the jewelry". Rory nodded, "What are we gonna do"? I asked, "first. We're gonna dye her hair and then go find another place to stay". James frowned, "we're just gonna leave her here"? Ellis nods, slapping Rory on the back. "She's a good fighter, and can throw a knife pretty well. I trust it". James sighed, "Okay".

Everyone exits the car and I am stuck in there with Rory. "Where did you learn to fight and throw blades like that. You told me you didn't know how to-" "I didn't want you to think me as a threat, okay"? I sighed, "you certainly don't look like one. But fight like a fucking warrior". Rory cocks an eyebrow, "language". I smirked, "english". I stepped out of the car and Rory locks the doors as I walk away.

Sorry it took so long I should be updating more regularly now that I am on spring break. I am taking a break on Lost and Found I'm writing a very difficult chapter. So it might be awhile. So enjoy my lovelies,please comment any questions or concerns you have about the book or myself.
-Grace