Hurt

Dream stared down his brother as they stood in a desolate area, everyone having fled because of their raging battle. He was already panting heavily and quickly brought up his staff to block an attack that was thrown at him.

~~~

Nightmare growled lowly as his brother blocked his attack. His magic resources draining due to Dream's attacks and the lack of monsters or humans to feed off of. Honestly he wasn't expecting the other to come after him. He had hoped his boys caused enough havoc elsewhere to distract Ink and his brother away from him. He didn't expect them to split up due to them being so close to one another. If he hadn't known Dream, he would have assumed they were fucking.

Nightmare tossed that thought aside and sent out multiple black orbs at his brother, hoping it would be enough to distract him and give him some time to flee. He wasn't planning on a fight and he's not keen on making this last longer than it has to be.

~~~

Dream's eye sockets widened when he saw the dark orbs rushing towards him and quickly jumped to the side, landing in a snow heap with a grunt as he tried to evade the attack.

~~~

Nightmare shot out a barrage of bones to distract the other as he made a portal behind him to another AU. He's not risking making one to his Hideout. That's just asking for trouble. Trouble he's not willing to deal with.

Hopefully the attacks will distract Dream long enough for him to flee. He's not doing this shit today. Not today.

~~~

Dream yelped as he scrambled away, stumbling as he tried to get up but thankfully none of the bones hit him. He fell flat on his face. That was not how he had imagined the movement would go. He rolled away a bit in case Nightmare had launched an attack again but his vision was blurred because of the snow in his eye sockets.

~~~

The portal finally opened up behind Nightmare to an AU far enough from this one. He barely stole his stumbling brother a glance as he jumped through and closed the portal, landing in an Undertale copy- genocide timeline.

Nightmare breathed out a sigh as his feet landed on the soft dusty snow and the portal closing behind him. He took a moment to regain his strength, taking a deep breath and relished in the negative energy from this timeline before making another portal to his Hideout and jumped through, ignoring the new wounds and dents in his inky form he gained from that battle.

~~~

Dream slowly opened his eye sockets, looking around. His brother would be relatively easy to spot in the white snow but he seemed to be nowhere, making him let out a relieved sigh. He sunk back against the snowpoff he was laying on, letting out an annoyed grumble when he noticed his eye sockets were still filled with snow. He painstakingly removed the snow from them, his brother probably on the other end of the multiverse by now. The other was so distant. He couldn't really blame him but... They had understood each other pretty well when he had still been uncorrupted... And why had Nightmare eaten the apples to begin with? Thousands of questions but no answers. He sighed again as he stood up, brushing the snow off his clothes. He should get back to Ink...

~~~

Meanwhile, Nightmare finally relaxed his tense shoulders when he was bombarded with the familiar feel of negativity coming from his own bedroom. The room kept neat and tidy in a force of habit. Having a living tree for a home means you have to clean up the leaves and branches, least you wanted to end up with dead leaves as an unexpected blanket.

Nightmare grumbled as he walked over to his drawer and pulls out a med kit. Usually healing gel would work but they've run out of that stuff a week ago and have yet to steal some more. It's rarer than monster food since Ink only made them in specific AUs. Thus it was difficult to get a hold of. Not to mention the trouble it would certainly bring since those AUs tended to be violent. But for now, the med kit will do to fix his injuries.