Chapter 2

MAKA'S POV

I squealed in surprise, jumping onto my bed and staring at the intruder. "What the hell, Soul! How did you get in my room?"

His eyes noticeably scanned my figure, causing me to blush feverishly. His mouth twitched, and he began to move toward me, placing his knee on the bed and trapping me against the wall with his arms. "S-Soul...?"

He got closer, both his knees now placed in front of mine. His eyes were piercing into my own, a blur of emotions swimming in his crimson irises. But I strongly read two of those emotions, and my eyes widened in realization as he rested his forehead against mine. I could feel his breath on my lips, and it took every bit of self control to NOT have my way with him right there-

"Maka, have you ever heard of Two Truths and a Lie?"

I stared at him, puzzled. "Huh?"

"When I said those things-all were the truth except for one. Yes, you do have a flat chest. Yes, no one in their right mind would fall for you. But you DO have sex appeal."

I suddenly felt a rush of thoughts and feelings bombard my mind, and I knew that Soul was actually letting me in on his own thoughts and emotions. I was shocked at some of the things I witnessed, but one thing I was completely and utterly surprised about was how almost every memory and thought in his mind showed our hands. Every time we were about to go into combat, we would hold hands. And he seemed to have seared all those moments into his mind, each from when we first partnered together to the most recent fight we had with a Kishin-egg.

The feeling of his hands lacing our fingers together pulled me back, and as soon as I was back in my room, he kissed me. I sat there, unsure of how to react. Then my mind common sense kicked in: 'Idiot!! What are you doing?! Get him off of you! Are you just gunna let him ruin your partnership like this?'

My heart thought differently: 'WELL KISS HIM BACK, STUPID!!'

I brought my hands up to his soft, white locks, my fingers knotting themselves firmly in place. I brought his head down, intensifying our kiss, and his groan made chills run up and down my spine. His hands moved from the wall and placed themselves firmly on my hips, fingers digging into my sides. I brought my legs up and wrapped them around his waist, and he turned and placed me on the bed, remaining on top. His legs were on either side of my own, and his hands were now becoming bolder, one running along my thigh and the other slowly slipping under my (his) shirt. His tongue traced my bottom lip, and I gladly gave him entrance. I groaned lightly, and when he heard it, I could feel him grin, probably gloating silently to himself.

Suddenly, he broke the kiss, and it made me realize just how out of air I was. We were both panting heavily, and our eyes locked onto each other for about five seconds and we knew exactly what was coming next.

SOUL'S POV

I woke to the feeling of weight shifting on my chest. I opened one eye and saw a head of dirty-blonde hair resting on my chest. My eyes widened in realization. Last night...so it actually happened? I lifted the blanket that covered our bodies to check-oh yeah, it happened. I grinned. Cool.

"What are you gloating about now?" Said a drowsy light voice. I looked back down and saw a pair of huge, viridian eyes staring into mine.

I smirked and rolled us over, playfully attacking her neck. She giggled and brought my face up to hers to kiss me gently. I smiled and kissed back. But then a thought occurred to me, and I pulled back. She gave me a worried look. "Soul? What's wrong?"

I sighed, unsure how to express myself. "Does...does this change anything? Or are we still just partners?"

She raised a hand to caress my cheek, and I leaned into it lightly. She closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again, her expression completely serious. I held my breath, awaiting the answer that I know will probably break me.

"No," she said, and I closed my eyes, rolling over onto my back again. Dammit...

"-unless you want it to." My eyes shot open, and she had rolled onto my chest, her head resting on her arms as she gazed at me. I made sure to avoid making eye-contact.

"And if I do?" I said, and she crawled up a bit further to where I could feel her breath brush my lips.

"Then I will happily agree with your decision."

At that, I stared into her wide, viridian colored eyes, and I saw that she meant every word. I grinned, my hands crawling up to rest just above her ass. "By the way," she said, "what you said last night know of confused me-you said that one of the two truths was that no one in their right mind would fall for a girl like me, yet you did just that. How does that make any sense?"

I snorted. "Maka, we both know that I've always been a bit crazy. When was I ever in my right mind?" I lightly brushed a few stray locks of her hair away from her eyes. She smiled shyly, which made me feel compelled to kiss her. So I did. Pecking her lips slowly I placed my hands on her rear to cup her ass.

"Well," I stated, "I guess we're gunna have to decide on whether to tell the others orOOOoohhh fuck," I hissed, pleasure shooting through my body as she rolled her core against my dick. I peered at her, and she had an incredibly sly, coy-like smile framing her face.

"Do we have to worry about that now?" She whined playfully, her fingers running over my chest, tracing my scar.

"What, you up for round two?"

"Well, it's better than thinking at the moment."

I grinned. Coolest. Partner. Ever.

I mean girlfriend.