First Impression

*Author's Note:

  All these events will be taken place after Asahi decides to join the volleyball team and before the game against Nekoma, so these events won't be accurate from the anime or the manga XD

                                              ~*~

  I sigh as I'm walking to school. It's really a bad habit to do in the morning because my boredom will drag on till the end of the day, but the upside is, I don't have anything to do after school! There's no meeting for the art club, so I can watch Kageyama practicing. This will be the first time I will watch because usually I would be too nervous to even set foot while they practice. I can go to their games because other people are watching, so I can blend in, but during practice, no one's around except the players, Shimizu, Takeda sensei, and Coach Ukai. It would be awkward since I'll be the odd one out. But I won't back down this time!

  "Yosh!" I pump my fist in the air and scream, "I can do this!" I run straight ahead without paying attention to my surroundings and immediately bump into someone. I fall on my butt and raise my head, "Sorry, I wasn't-" I stop as I see the orange hair Shorty in front of me. I gulp and stand up. "Sorry!" I exclaim and bow a thousand times.

  He scratches his head and gets up. "Ah... It's alright." He looks at me and his eyes widen. He gasps with a huge smile on his face. "You're Sakamoto Megumi, right?!" He screeches and jumps up and down in excitement.

  I tilt my head in confusion.

  He pouts when he realizes my reaction. "You don't remember me? I'm Hinata Shoyo! We're in the same class and we even went to the same school together!"

  Huh? Oh wait. "Eh?! You're that boy that keeps practicing with us in junior high when you had the chance!"

  "Yepp!"

  "Eh?!" How could I have forgotten him? He basically stood out at every practice! I guess it's because I didn't really interact with him while he's there. Not only that, but he's also in the same class as me?!

  He pouts some more. "How mean. You forgot about me! But I remember you! You're also an amazing setter just like Kageyama! Hey, do you still play?"

  I shake my head hesitantly.

  His mouth gapes. "What? Why not? You're amazing!"

  I bite my lip. "Personal reasons."

  "Ah, I see..." he pauses.

  "Don't you miss it? I mean, I would hate to never be able to play a sport that you love. I always hope I'll never get out of the court, so I can't imagine never playing at all!"

  It's true. I do miss it. That's probably why I always watch it.

  "Anyways, let's head to school before we're late!" He grabs my arm and we start running to school.

  I catch my breath as we're standing in front of the school building. I follow Hinata as we walk towards our classroom. He doesn't stop talking to me about how amazing Kageyama's sets are. I want to say, "I know. I've seen them," but I hold my tongue.

  When we enter the classroom, I find Kageyama sitting at his desk, staring out the window. My heart skips a beat. Even when he's not playing volleyball he's attractive.

  "Osu!" Hinata shouts and runs up to Kageyama.

  I didn't want to be near them, so I try to escape, but I hear Hinata calling out to me, "Megumi, come here!"