Birthday

"Amanda Hamilton get down here!" I flopped lazily to my right side and opened one eye. Yes, I am Amanda Hamilton and that was my mom calling me down. Also, I missed one tiny detail, I am late for school. 

"Yes I'm coming!" I replied, and groaned when I saw that the alarm clock read 8:10. I resisted the urge to go back to my cozy, warm, bed, and I went to the washroom and took a bath. Than I ate a quick  breakfast and said bye to my mom and grandma. 

As I made my way to school while listening the whole way to my dad's complaining about how he was late for work, I thought about how my grandma had come here from Australia, and how my aunt Reesa and aunt Maghan are supposed to be coming this afternoon, all the way from Africa just for my birthday. I guess this time my birthday won't just be a normal pizza place birthday.  But still, why did they come from so far away just for a birthday? They had never done that before.

As I stared out the window, I saw that my school had finally come, after all, it was about five minutes away from my house, but that felt like a long time when you were late. 

I got out of the car, right outside the huge billboard in front of the school, that read "Welcome to Beacon Rush!", I groaned as I headed towards the office to get a late slip.  "What better way to start off a Birthday with school?" I mumbled sarcastically.

I headed to Science with my binders and books, where I had a pop quiz waiting for me. 

"Rrrrrrring!" Finally, it was home time. I headed to my locker, where my best friend, Sarah Haruki, was waiting for me to walk home with her. 

Sarah's house was 10 blocks away from mine, meaning, it was closer to the school. Sarah and I knew each other since when we were really little, and so did our parents. 

As Sarah left to her house,  I headed to my own, but I didnt know what could be waiting for me there, and what that was, could change my life.