Surprise!

As I entered the house, I realized it was pitch black, none of the lights were on. I entered and closed the door behind me. "Hello, is anybody there?" I asked. Suddenly I heard a noise,

"Surprise!" Everybody yelled, and the lights turned on. For a secound I was confused, and surprised, but than I realized it was my birthday. But I still don't get it, why are so many things happening just for a birthday?

I remember when my only sister Florence, who looked a lot like me, with long straight dirty blond hair, and big blue eyes, she was really pretty, and had to go off to "a realatives house" as my mom had said, when she turned thirteen on her birthday, but at that time I was ten. My relatives had come to my birthday too, just like they did for her. I miss her a lot, she was so kind and nice and always stayed so positive, I remember whenever I was sad she always cheered me up, and she was always there for me, she used to say "Come on Amanda, turn that frown upside down!"

This was all a bit suspicious, but I decided to save the thoughts for later, I had to relaxe a bit and enjoy the party.

An hour after the party was over and everybody left to their houses, me, aunt Meghan, aunt Reesa, mom, and grandma were cleaning up the living room, I asked the question that was nagging me since before the party, "Mom, why did you throw that party for me this birthday out of all my other birthdays?" I asked. Mom and grandma exchanged a glance, than my mom finally replayed, "You'll soon see, my dear." As I was about to ask "Soon see what?", The doorbell rang.

Aunt Reesa went to open the door. On the other side of the door was a mailman, who said in a gruff voice, "Sighn the paper please, Miss. Rachel Hamilton." Mom hurriedly went to the door to sighn the paper, while I tried to peer over her shoulder to see what the package was about.

When the mailman left, my aunts let out a sigh of relief. "That took him so long!" Aunt Reesa exclaimed. "I know right?!" Aunt Meghan replied. "What's inside the package?" I asked really curiosily, because we don't get many packages from here. "Rachel, you never told her?" Both my aunts asked at the same time to mom. "Tell me what?" I asked, with a curious look on my face. My mom looked down at me, with sad blue eyes.