i.

blooming

       NADIA STOOD IN THE alley way, her tanned, bruised arms exposes & a lit cigarette in her hand

Sun leaked between the roofs of the two buildings beside each other, the light just barely hitting Nadia's eyes.
The soft blow of the wind made the hair on Nadia's arm stand tall as she took another drag of her cigarette.
She needed to get her mind of things, and since her tiny apartment doesn't have a balcony, she chose the alley.
   And it's not like she hated the alley; it's not that dirty & it's close to the ocean so it just a nice breeze.
   Though, Nadia knew that when she would go back upstairs her roommate/best friend, Timothée (or Lord Timothée of Buttwiping), would bombard her with questions about this new boy Nick, even though Tim was the one who introduced them.
    Nadia sighed and figured she'd get the questions over with. It's not that bad, only a few questions. So, she through the cigarette on the ground and put it out with her shoes.
   The metal door was pulled open with struggle, but sure enough Nadia was standing in the stairwell on the main floor.
   Her & Tim live on the 2nd floor so it's not much of a walk, but who wants to walk up stairs?
When Nadia opened the hall door, the scent of the ethnic food rushed into her nostrils.

"Oh, how's it going Nadia?" Noshin, a college student who live in the apartment next to Tim & Nadia, beamed as she greeted the auburn-brunette.
"Eh, not bad. Not really looking forward to seeing Tim; he's been asking about this boy I've been talking to, y'know?" Noshin grinned and nodded, "yeah I get, though for me it's more so my parents asking when I'm getting married."
"Hey, my grandma is like that, too. Anyway, I'll see you around sometime." Nadia waved bye and walked down to the end of the hall, where her apartment is.
   Searching through her backpack, she wrestled with her bag to find her keys, but before she could even grab them the front door swung open, & Timothée stood in the doorway.
    "Well, well, well," Timothée smirked as Nadia stepped into the apartment, "look who it is, the girl of the hour!"
She slipped her slip-on checkered Vans onto the shoe rack beside her other pair of Adidas Stan Smith's.
   Nadia scoffed and tossed her backpack beside the door. "Do you ever not get annoying?" Nadia huffed, her body (aching from pain) slowly entered the living room.
Tim slipped into the kitchen, putting a bag of popcorn into the microwave. Nadia groaned as she fell into the plushness of the grey couch facing the flatscreen TV.
   "Nope. Now spill the tea on Nick. Nicky. Nike. Nickolas," Tim trailed off, trying to find more synonyms for 'Nick'.
Tim walked set the green, minimalistic bowl on the centre counter and poured the popcorn into it.
   "There isn't any tea," Nadia shrugged, "we left the party early & got some ice cream. We got to talking, & I learned the Nick is pretty swell guy."
Tim chuckled, "we're talking about Nick Robinson, right? Babe, I'm surprised he hasn't stomped on your heart yet."
A sigh escaped from Nadia's lips, she turned her head and looked at Tim. She knew he is right, but didn't want to admit it.
   "He wouldn't, Nicks a real nice guy." Nadia defended, lying through her teeth & grabbing a handful of popcorn from Tim's bowl (of popcorn).
   "Babe, you're in for a real fucking treat if you think Nick is a nice guy." Tim (with a evil grin) retorted, moving the bowl away from Nadia's arms reach.
"People can change." Nadia muttered to herself. "Yeah? You think Trump is gonna change?" Tim added, taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it in his mouth.
   Nadia ignored Tim and just focused on the tv; her favourite show (That 70's Show) was playing since Tim & Nadia love rewatching it.
After a few minutes, Tim started again with his annoyance.
    "Can you just tell me if you two kissed?" Tim made a pouty face, begging for the answer.
   Nadia looked over at Tim hesitantly & mouthed 'yes'. "Aww!" Tim cooed, & then proceeded to turn around & do that thing where that person pretends they're making out with someone for a cometic effect.
A pillow flew across the couch and collided with Tim's head. Tim made a grumble sound, but continued with his inquiry.
  "So, are you going on another date?"
Nadia, at this point, was getting tired of the questions, but what could she do?
   "Yeah, we were sitting in the beach, eating of ice cream and talking. I don't know, I guess we just clicked & we exchanged numbers. We're going out again Saturday."
    Nadia, honestly, knew that Nick is what people (mostly girls) call a "heartbreaker", but being the dumb 23 year-old she is, Nadia didn't care. Not one bit.

   It's later in the night, & Tim went out to go run lines with his co-star, though he didn't tell Nadia too much about it (because she was already 'asleep').
   Nadia is laying in bed, her sad-soppy 'emo' (it's actually called underground pop punk) music. It hit her feels like a minivan would hit a deer on a backroad in the country side.
   The only light that lit the room was the light from the streets, also called street lamps, though they didn't provide a ton of light.
   Nadia had been living in L.A ever since she was 15. Her mom moved down to L.A with Nadia & her brother (Tatum) once their grandma passed away.
   They didn't have much family in Canada, most of them are in the U.S, so they figured why not move?
   October, 17th, 2010 was the day when Nadia met Tim in high school; Tim pulled the wrong girl into the janitors closet. It was awkward then, funny now.
   Tim & Nadia (though they say they hate each other) have been together through the thick & thin. Tim was then when Nadia's heart was broken for the first time. Nadia was there when Tim got the leading roll in a movie.
    Thick & thin.

thick & thin.