Half of a whole

Cas reached out and places his hand on dean's cheeks, softly tracing his eyes. Dean was too surprised to even do anything so he just let himself lean into the touch. Dean was deprived of all thoughts, just one echoed in his head.

"Cas"

This wasn't like anything else. It was different. Way different. This wasn't like his normal crush. This was frightening, painful, suffocating and all the more exciting. Every cell in his body ached. His entire being was calling out to the man in front of him.

"Ah this was love" Dean thought. It made perfect sense.

Cas was captivated by Dean's eyes. Something about his eyes changed. It was like a wall fell. Cas could see the pain, struggle and misery swimming in those green eyes. Cas had never seen such sad eyes. All of sudden all that pain and misery turned to trust and love. Dean's face turned soft and a smile replaced his shocked expression. Electricity ran through Cas' hand, running through his entire body. Even though his was in cool water he felt like he was burning alive. Every thought in Cas' head was about dean.

"What caused those sad eyes? What made his smile so bright? Why did everything in life made more sense with Dean?"

As the thoughts ran through their heads time passed on. While Dean was sure he was in love. Even though it was with guys heck it was a merman. He knew there was trouble coming ahead but he was ready for it.

The walk back was painfully slow. All of Dean's thoughts became a mess. What was he going to do? Why did he have to come here just to fall in love with someone who he couldn't keep? What his father going to do?

This fear was endless. Dean couldn't find a way to make this ok.

One the other hand Sam was running through his book for anything at all to make it ok. Eventually after hours of reading he found something but the book was half of the whole. Just as he was about to figure it out the book ended. How could a book just end in middle of the sentence? All of sudden all hope faded. Sam knew there was a slight chance but he didn't want to give now . He was so close yet so far. He needed the other book. Where ever it was.

That night Sam went out into the cold air to clear his mind. All the stress was getting to him. Maybe it was the stress that cause him to fall. He felt the freezing water hit him. How could he be so careless.