44

Xia Liang was exhausted from traveling all yesterday and didn’t wake up until the sun was already high in the sky. She yawned and noticed that Lin Qian was still sound asleep next to her.  She silently slipped out of bed. Then found that she was still wearing the same clothes that she had changed into after she had arrived here last night.  She scratched her hair embarrassed; she realized how she probably got into bed last night.

She took out a change clothes and toiletries from her luggage and walked into the bathroom to take a hot shower.  Xia Liang walked out of the bathroom with wet hair and put the dirty clothes into a laundry bag.  Then she walked over to the living room.  The sliding door in the living room, dividing the public area and the sleeping area, was already open.  She peeked in and saw that there were only a bed sheet, a pillow, and a thin blanket left on the air mattress.  When she saw the black suitcase at the end of the bed, she knew this was the place where Song Qiyan had slept last night.  She looked around then saw the man himself leaning on the railing, enjoying the ocean breeze in the balcony outside the door.

Song Qiyan was dressed in a loose, large white T shirt and military green colored beach pants, which was ballooned out by the ocean breeze.  Xia Liang took a look at his back and tried to sneak up behind him.  But she was discovered before she had a chance to touch his shoulder when he suddenly turned his head.

Her attempt foiled, she stuck out her tongue and walked over to stand besides Song Qiyan.

“Did you wake up early?”  Xia Liang asked.

Song Qiyan answered, “Umm. The airbed was very soft.  I’m not used to it.”

Xia Liang felt sorry for him and stretched her hand out in an attempt to massage his shoulder and back.  But he grabbed her hand midair.  He moved her hand to his lips and kissed lightly.  Before Xia Liang had time to say anything, he was already caressing her face.  Then he touched her wet hair. “You haven’t dried your hair.”  Though his tone was soft, he wasn’t happy about it.

Xia Liang stuck out her tongue again and tried to get away from it.

Song Qiyan poked her forehead helplessly, then went inside the room to get a clean towel.  He stood behind her, carefully wiping her hair dry.

Xia Liang opened her two hands to lean on the railings.  She closed her eyes, enjoying the morning Florida breeze brushing against her face and enjoyed the attentive service from the man behind her at the same time.  She could clearly felt his big hand shuffled around her hair with warmth and affection.

They had met more than half year ago, gotten more familiar with each other for about half a year, and fallen in love only three months ago.  But her love for him deepened every moment.  The feeling of being pampered, the feeling that she could wholeheartedly rely on him, and the feeling that she had found her soul mate was like a glass of alluring, sweet poisonous wine laid in front of her.  She knew that she could never escape once she fell and drowned in it.  But she was willing to drink without any hesitation.

“Qiyan……” She called his name.

“Umm?”  Song Qiyan stopped wiping.  He looked at her hair and decided that it was dry enough now.  He then put the towel on the railing next to him to air dry.  His two hands circled around her waist and pulled her into an embrace.  “What’s wrong?”  He used his chin to rub her hair.

Xia Liang leaned against him.  Her two hands moved on top of his hands holding her waist.  She slanted her head and rub her right cheek against his T shirt.  “You know what, I seem to like you more and more.”

Song Qiyan’s hands stiffened a little then he held her even tighter.  He almost wanted to bring her even closer, as if to fuse together.  He controlled his emotions and patiently kissed the back of her neck. He coaxed her in a low voice, “Say it again.”