The Adventure Begins And So Does The Drama

Avalon groaned in frustration. She had been searching this "SPENCER J.H." person for two weeks now but was having no luck at all. She shut her laptop and lay down on her bed staring up at the ceiling. There was a knock on her door.

"Come in," she said.

The tall boy with shaggy, jet-black hair and hazel-green eyes appeared at her door. He smiled and sat down on her bed.

"Hey Ava," he said smiling.

"Hey August, what are you doing here?" Avalon asked.

"Your dad let me in, and I know you're still searching for this lady, but you need to chill for a bit, so...we're going to the movies," August said.

"Tonight?" Avalon asked.

"No, next Friday, yes tonight, I already asked your dad and he said yes," August said.

"Um, what time?" It was around 10:35 am on a Saturday

"Seven."

"Okay, well, come on! We need to work on that science fair project!" Avalon said and grabbed her black acoustic guitar and pick and marched out of her bedroom and went downstairs followed by August.

Toby saw Avalon coming downstairs. He gave her that look and she knew what he was going to do. She put down her guitar and backpack and unzipped her jacket and took it off. Toby scanned her outfit. August stood at the stairs chuckling. He had seen Toby do this but it was pretty amusing if you saw it in person.

"Clear," Toby said and Avalon put down her arms.

"Okay, she'll be home by ten-thirty," August promised.

"Okay, but she can stay out until eleven at the most," Toby said.

"All right, bye Dad," Avalon said and kissed her dad on the cheek and left with August.

Toby sighed. He had a weird feeling about that August kid. He seemed fishy to Toby. But at the same time Toby trusted him and realized that August reminded him of him self in highly school. Must be the looks...Toby thought before heading upstairs to his room. As he past by Avalon's room, he saw her laptop on her bed.

She had been spending a lot of time on that and Toby had noticed. He knew he was invading personal space but he wanted to make sure that nothing bad was going on with his daughter. He opened her laptop, but he needed a password.

"Shit...what would she use as her password?" Toby mumbled to himself.

Then, an idea clicked in his head. He typed it in and he waited. Soon, he came to her home screen. I'm in...He thought. He looked at her history and saw something that looked familiar. He clicked on it and up came a lot of "SPENCER J.H"s. His heart began to beat faster and his palms became sweaty. Avalon knew he had lied to her and now she was looking for her mom.

Spencer. Jill. Hastings.
--------------------
Avalon and August walked with their arms linked laughing at random things that they were watching on her phone.

"Oh my God! Did he piss his pants?" August asked as he inched her phone closer to his face.

Avalon nodded laughing. "Yeah, he's such a scaredy cat!"

August gave her an amusing look.

"Not allowed to swear?"

"Nope. My Dad said it gives kids a bad edge in their personality."

"So, you have never sworn in your life?"

She shook her head. "Not at all."

"Wow. Well, tonight, you're going to hear a lot of it," he said.